Dead at 50

BigBear

Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:48 pm

Good points Andy and Marc- I'm a US Army vet and consider myself a patriot but the MJ media hype drives home the point that this great country has lost its way.

This very troubled soul has dominated the news for a full week. Yes, he sold lots of records and he was obviously a huge talent but when our kids worship an MJ-type personality we lose sight of what's fundamentally important.

I'm not suggesting that the media change focus and start running pieces on WWII or Korean vets that would be of zero interest to younger people, many of whon don't even know what side we supported in Korea or Vietnam. And could care less. The media chases sensationalism because it boosts ratings. Ratings equal cash. Nothing more.

Vets, teachers, firemen, police, EMT's and on and on. All low paying jobs that do a huge service for us as people. What did MJ or Farrah or any entertainer do for us except entertain us for which we gladly paid them millions?

Andy, you have a great idea. I'm going to pray for all the people that don't seem to matter in this world. And I will also pray for all the over-paid, underworked entertainers. Just because they deserve God's grace as well.

I hope I don't get hurt when I fall off this soapbox!! ;-)

haoli25

Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:26 pm

APPLAUSE for BigBear, Andy T,, and Lavallee. Well
said and a much needed reflection for all of us.

thanks,

Haoli

haoli25

Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:31 pm

For those in the USA, that annoying pitchman,
Billy Mays, has decided to take a dirt nap too
at age 50.

BigBear

Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:48 pm

haoli25 wrote:
For those in the USA, that annoying pitchman,
Billy Mays, has decided to take a dirt nap too
at age 50.
Another good lesson here. I'll bet you that Billy died of intercranial bleeding just like Liam Neeson's wife Natasha Richardson who took a blow to the head while skiing. Just like Billy she felt fine afterward.

If you take a hard hit to the head go to the doctor! They may tell you you have a hard head and you'll be alright. Or it could save your life!

rcsnydley

Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:02 pm

BigBear wrote:
Andy, you have a great idea. I'm going to pray for all the people that don't seem to matter in this world. And I will also pray for all the over-paid, underworked entertainers. Just because they deserve God's grace as well.
Lets drink to the hard working people
Lets drink to the lowly of birth
Raise your glass to the good and the evil
Lets drink to the salt of the earth

Say a prayer for the common foot soldier
Spare a thought for his back breaking work
Say a prayer for his wife and his children
Who burn the fires and who still till the earth

Raise your glass to the hard working people
Lets drink to the uncounted heads
Lets think of the wavering millions
Who need leaders but get gamblers instead

Spare a thought for the stay-at-home voter
His empty eyes gaze at strange beauty shows
And a parade of the gray suited grafters
A choice of cancer or polio

Lets think of the lowly of birth
Spare a thought for the rag taggy people

Lets drink to the two thousand million
Lets think of the humble of birth

--Rolling Stones, "Salt of the Earth"

BigBear

Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:10 pm

GinGold- great post! Here's some karma for ya!

BigBear

Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:11 pm

BigBear wrote:
GinGold- great post! Here's some karma for ya!
You too my friend.

rcsnydley

Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:13 pm

Never was a Mikey J fan as I always felt he was the poster boy for "image rock". It was his image that he sold.

I'd also like to say a "well said" to all the contributors to this thread. It's good to know some people have their heads screwed on the right way.

IMHO, it's all about the media, they are as sick and twisted as the lawyers (no offense to media and lawyer types that hang out here as they must be doing something right). The media tell us what they want us to hear and who to like and then to our shame we follow like sheep. And if we don't the lawyers make a fortune having us sue each other.

Did I also tell you I don't like celebrities, who do they think they are thinking we should care about their pitiful lives.

Ahh, I feel much better now. It's so nice to have a place to vent so I don't have to beat up small children and animals.:S

Ric

speedie

Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:30 pm

SOOOOOOOO true Ric

AndyT

Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:31 pm

Small children and animals huh?

My grandaughter is well on her way to her black belt and is looking for sparring partners. I can not pair her off with kids because she is too brutal on them. Got time on your hands? Oh, and she is only 9.B)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic