Dead at 50

rcsnydley

Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:43 pm

I don't andy, my two granddaughters are 41/2 and almost 3 and they are already starting to kick my butt.LOL :laugh:

Ric

Music Junkie

Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:02 am

rcsnydley wrote:
Did I also tell you I don't like celebrities, who do they think they are thinking we should care about their pitiful lives.

Ric
What? You mean you don't like needy, narcissistic, insecure people who get paid millions to pretend to be something/someone they're not?

My wife watches the Oscars. I have to leave the room. Just hearing a bunch of overpaid nig-nogs slap each other on the back and act like what they do helps the world in so many ways irritates me. I know a lot of them are charitable, but do they really need more acknowledgement and praise? The only bright side is that if they mess up (crimes, drugs, etc.) everyone knows about it!

BigBear

Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:57 pm

Well, I was wrong about Billy Mays. He didn't die from a blow to the head but from heart disease. He fooled us all.

Rest in peace Billy, you'll have OxyClean forever!!!

steve36

Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:27 pm

BigBear wrote:
Well, I was wrong about Billy Mays. He didn't die from a blow to the head but from heart disease. He fooled us all.

I guess one could joke about his funeral costing $19.99 if one didn't mind coming across as insensitive.

haoli25

Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:37 pm

gingold wrote:
BigBear wrote:

I guess one could joke about his funeral costing $19.99 if one didn't mind coming across as insensitive.

....and the funeral home will double the $19.95 offer if you call NOW! lol

He should've been pitching ArteryClean......

BigBear

Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:07 pm

We are truly an insensitive bunch aren't we?

You stab 'em, we slab 'em! We bury 'em deeper and cheaper! Guaranteed or double your dirt!! Call now, operators are standing by!

It's so hard to get past the graveyard humor sometimes!!;-)

haoli25

Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:41 pm

I don't mean to be insensitive, but you can't cry for everyone and it's a fate that awaits us all. When I'm gone I would rather there be a few laughs rather than tears because I have had a very good time while I was here.

I did show amazing restraint in not posting a few jabs at the late David Carradine. I did admire his work, but he hardly checked-out in style. lol I know there are a few younger members on the forum, so I saved 'em for my co-workers.

haoli25

Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:52 pm

"We all gotta die some time" (Sgt. Barnes, "Platoon")

haoli25

Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:57 pm

There is tragic death all the time in this world. It is truly tragic when it is a young person. I did not mean to mock Mr. Mays or belittle his passing. He was 50--he apparently lead a successfule life (I assume). I had a good friend who died of brain cancer at 29 just before his first born arrived. That is tragic! At least Mr. Mays got to experience a lot in his 50 years on this planet.

I guess it's a lesson: enjoy it now for tomorrow who knows?

Lavallee

Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:03 pm

This very true Gingold. My father died at 35 when I was seven. Needless to say that I have worked hard to have as much fun as possible.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic