Unemployed Farmer on America's Got Talent

Chasplaya

Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:07 am

Yep its a Tacoma Little Jumbo I'm sure although newer ones don't have the larger fret inlays, its possibly an EM9C

quincy451

Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:52 pm

My to get the guitar brand is one thing. To get the model that is truly impressive....
Now if you had only been right...

Nope just kicking. You nailed it. I looked up the model and come up with this:
http://www.musiciansbuy.com/TACOMA_EM9C ... _FREE.html
The head stock matches, the bridge matches. The inlay...

Well, not so much.

Chasplaya

Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:55 am

quincy451 wrote:
My to get the guitar brand is one thing. To get the model that is truly impressive....
Now if you had only been right...

Nope just kicking. You nailed it. I looked up the model and come up with this:
http://www.musiciansbuy.com/TACOMA_EM9C ... _FREE.html
The head stock matches, the bridge matches. The inlay...

Well, not so much.
The brand was easy you can actually read it on the vid, and a friend of a friend has one very similar although much newer than this chicken george fella. I could be wrong and totally off mark though cos Tacoma will customise any guitar in the range and it may be a higher end model, but I doubt it knowing the guys background cos I beleive they are very expensive. We get a lot of obscure guitars in NZ surprisingly, a lot are imported by individuals cos most shops stick with stock brands like martin and other crap (wait for it) ducking for cover lol Don't get me wrong about this due I think hes talented but I also think what does the Hoff know about music I know he doesn't vote but what he says must sway the voting public. I don't believe the guys has that great a voice or rather that great a range, he does have a marketable story though and that is definitely working for him.

AndyT

Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:57 am

That is what I get for only having a small screen laptop computer. Can't see nutin'.

Chasplaya

Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:00 am

AndyT wrote:
That is what I get for only having a small screen laptop computer. Can't see nutin'.
All you can see is coma and its all downhill from there lol

AndyT

Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:04 am

Try watching Neil's videos on a midget screen.
Did I hear you offer to get me a new one? LOL

AcousticAl

Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:21 am

I wonder how my Unemployed Videographer story would go over on there?

"Welcome to the show, Al. You say you used to shoot and edit corporate videos- but now you spend all of your time on a site called 'Totally Guitars'? ..and you're going to play Sheryl Crowe's "Strong Enough"?! This should be good!!" (finger poised on reject button!!)

Sorry- couldn't resist. :)

Al

AndyT

Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:39 am

Something you never see....

Hello Judges. I'm an out of work unemployment counselor....

quincy451

Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:29 pm

Yes the judges sway the public so bad I watch the result show and I am shocked if i miss at predicting a result. The results are so obvious with the pairings. So your not too impressed with the chicken farmer. And I can understand why. He sings ok to well, and he plays guitar like a campfire player in my opinion.

To mix things up here, do you recall highlights of Austrailias got Talent where Joe Robertson or Smoking Joe one doing mostly covers of classical gas and guitar boogie but doing them totally Tommy Emmanuel style...what was your take on that if you saw it.

AndyT

Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:35 pm

I have to agree. Joe was really good.
The other guy, (Kevin Skinner) was not such a great guitar player or singer, but what he did do was add a lot of emotion in his singing. That is what got him placed so highly.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic