How Impressive are you?

BigBear

Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:28 pm

cabro wrote:
...I feel like Rodney Dangerfield here...

Chris- you are a lucky man surrounded by all that talent! My mother was a symphony-level pianist. Do you think I got any of that talent in my genes? Not a drop!

My gift to the art world is being able to draw stright lines with the aid of a ruler or t-square! And now they have CADD software to do it all!

I guess if I want respect and undying admiration I'd better find a different hobby! :lol:

Music Junkie

Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:42 pm

BigBear wrote:
cabro wrote:
...I feel like Rodney Dangerfield here...

Chris- you are a lucky man surrounded by all that talent! My mother was a symphony-level pianist. Do you think I got any of that talent in my genes? Not a drop!

My gift to the art world is being able to draw stright lines with the aid of a ruler or t-square! And now they have CADD software to do it all!

I guess if I want respect and undying admiration I'd better find a different hobby! :lol:
Well Bear, if you want to practice, you can always draw some staff lines.......

AndyT

Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:45 pm

You guys are cracking me up over here.

My wife sings along to my playing sometimes. That makes me feel really great, and it pushes me to work harder to get it right.

Its those moments that make it all worth while.

AndyT

Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:54 pm

LOL Beaker!

Chasplaya

Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:32 am

My story is pretty much the same as you guys, I have sisters who are quite talented singers, one in particular who was always in local musicals and was in the chorus line for A Black and White Minstrels production , (UKers will now about that). Me talented nope... its all been hard work for me and those listening at times. When I started it was playing all the shortcuts and copying others not really understanding what I was doing. After I got separated my current wife and friend gave me heaps of encouragement and got me taking proper lessons. Now she is always positive except when I am on here instead of doing chores etc lol. But friends at work hear me play in my office at breaks (sometimes not breaks) and shout through hey isnt that such and such a song cool man!! That does wonders for the ego, even if i'm not personally happy with my efforts. So we are generally too hard on ourselves and the only way to get outside encouragement is to go out and play, get over that hurdle and its amazing how it can boost the confidence and playing ability.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic