Happy 4th Of July

AndyT

Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:14 pm

BigBear wrote:
I told them they had to run the unit and I'd keep the bureaucrats off their backs. When I was a company commander the word got out and all the NCO's in the battalion wanted to transfer to my company! The Battalion Commander thought I was up to something (I wasn't except treating people with respect).
That is part of my definition of a good leader.

My old CO had the idea he was special. And we let him know just how special he really was. On many occasions. And our 90 day wonder was a real gung ho target for friendly fire.

hmmm.... Good thing I got out.... LMBO

BigBear

Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:26 pm

AndyT wrote:
My old CO had the idea he was special. And we let him know just how special he really was. On many occasions. And our 90 day wonder was a real gung ho target for friendly fire.
I was a reserve officer (ROTC scholarship) so I didn't think I was anything special. Just because they pin a gold bar on your shoulder didn't make anyone a leader. But some of the West Point officers were complete jerks. Someboby, somewhere, told them they were leaders and their do-do didn't stink. In war time these guys would have had more danger behind them than in front!

I often wished I would have stayed in because I loved the travel but my Dad died suddenly and I had a family business to take over. That didn't work out too well either but that's waaaaaaay off topic! Chas might have to write another song for that story!

AndyT

Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:42 pm

We used to ask him what ever happened to the tradition of a General leading his men in battle? He never seemed truly at ease with us after that.

I have so much to make up for... LOL

BigBear

Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:39 am

AndyT wrote:
I have so much to make up for... LOL
Life's a journey and not a destination!!

AndyT

Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:15 am

Very true.

AndyT

Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:29 am

I saw a shirt that said;
Life's a bleach, then you dye.

BigBear

Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:12 am

AndyT wrote:
I saw a shirt that said;
Life's a bleach, then you dye.
Or life's a b...h and then you marry one!

You probably think I hate my wife from all the bad stuff I write about her but nothing could be further from the truth. We've been together for 17 years (married 15) and other than not giving me free reign to buy guitars she's a great lady. She's snoring peacefully right next to me! LOL!

AndyT

Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:17 am

You're typing in bed? And I thought eating crackers in bed was bad...

BigBear

Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:20 am

AndyT wrote:
You're typing in bed? And I thought eating crackers in bed was bad...
No, it's 12:14 and I'm getting ready to go eat some more salmon out of the river!!

We have a large bedroom and my desk is right next to the bed! On eof my Goldens is in my spot so I'll have to throw him out! He thinks he owns the bed!

AndyT

Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:32 am

Yep. Thats a dog for ya. Just because hes man's best friend he thinks he can have man's best spot. But when you call him on it at least he has the decency to look guilty. A cat looks at you like you've just totally broken every law there is.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic