Big Bad Bear - Who's Afraid

Chasplaya

Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:41 am

BigBear wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:
Well its very difficult to argue with people who have a constitutional right to carry firearms.
Chas- every point you make is completely valid. ...... We don't cause problems because we are better trained and regulated!
You are proabably quite correct NZ is not as violent as some place but I think its catching up. We had a Firearms incident involving Polive about two years ago right out side a major City Station a guy was running amok with a firearm and three macho cops went out with Glock 17's and emptied the mags hitting diddly and then this rather diminutive female cop came out with the M4 pow one shot perp down lol!!

KennyF

Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:26 am

Kind of partial to an M4 myself.

Oh... And I hit what I'm aimin' at... even under pressure.

Chasplaya

Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:38 am

I am a bit of a marksmnan myself I am probably the only NZ'er to have been awareded a US award for marksmanship. Story goes every year we had a social competition with the other services and invited the yanks form the local Antartica support base in Christchurch, one year they were a man short for their team and I offered to shoot for them. Blowing my trumpet here but I top scored for them. I was told they wanted to give me a Medal which our Givt wouldn't allow me to accept so they gave me a nice plaque which still hangs to this day in my office. My weapon of choice is the L1A1 SLR

KennyF

Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:48 am

Chasplaya wrote:
I am a bit of a marksmnan myself I am probably the only NZ'er to have been awareded a US award for marksmanship. Story goes every year we had a social competition with the other services and invited the yanks form the local Antartica support base in Christchurch, one year they were a man short for their team and I offered to shoot for them. Blowing my trumpet here but I top scored for them. I was told they wanted to give me a Medal which our Givt wouldn't allow me to accept so they gave me a nice plaque which still hangs to this day in my office. My weapon of choice is the L1A1 SLR
Good stuff Chas!

Can't argue with your choice of weapon either. Image

haoli25

Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:03 am

Chasplaya wrote:

You can't go wrong with FN FAL!!!! lol

Chasplaya

Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:09 am

The ones I ever used were not Fabrique nationale but Australian license copies some had nylon stocks and handgrips and generally lighter. But ohhh what a punch a 7.62 has

AndyT

Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:17 am

When I used to hunt for food, I had a really sweet Winchester Lever Action 22. It was beautiful and I could knock the wings off a fly at 20 yards with it. I won many shooting contests back then. In the Army my DI never figured I could shoot and after messing up trying to shoot an M16-A1 his way, I told him to let me try it my way and shot a perfect 100. After that he had me on the shooting team.

Funny thing is, I never could use a handgun very well.

KennyF

Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:30 am

The only 7.62 I have is a PolyTech AK.

Chasplaya

Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:12 am

kennyf wrote:
If you need to stop someone or something a 7.62 will do the job, small hole in the front dinnerplate hole in the back believe me i've seen it not nice really

KennyF

Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:22 am

Chasplaya wrote:
kennyf wrote:
If you need to stop someone or something a 7.62 will do the job, small hole in the front dinnerplate hole in the back believe me i've seen it not nice really
Ya got that right!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic