Last.fm

spraynard

Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:02 pm

Who else uses Last.fm? I just recently got it, and I think it's great for seeing what other people's musical tastes are as well as keeping track of your own.

Here's my profile

http://www.last.fm/user/gochnatia/library

Other people should post theirs if they have one.

spraynard

Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:07 pm

another fabulous tool is the recommendation engine pandora And a couple of others like it, they truly expose you to stuff you might never normally even be aware of yet sound in ways that appeal .. try one of them ..

spraynard

Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:23 pm

i used pandora for a little while back a couple of years ago, but i didn't really find it helpful. I just steal my music anyways, so i really didn't need a free music player.

haoli25

Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:24 pm

spraynard wrote:
I just steal my music anyways, so i really didn't need a free music player.

..and what higher praise is there for any artist than to have their music stolen? :)

spraynard

Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:29 pm

haoli25 wrote:
spraynard wrote:
I just steal my music anyways, so i really didn't need a free music player.

..and what higher praise is there for any artist than to have their music stolen? :)

yeah, i'm putting my ass on the line just to listen to some noises...

YOU'RE WELCOME

BigBear

Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:47 pm

I'll bet guys like Neil, who make music for a living, are truly impressed by you sacrificing your "ass" to steal good music! Bragging rights are all yours on that one! :unsure:

spraynard

Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:26 pm

BigBear wrote:
I'll bet guys like Neil, who make music for a living, are truly impressed by you sacrificing your "ass" to steal good music! Bragging rights are all yours on that one! :unsure:

It's called sarcasm

AndyT

Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:29 pm

Saying that you steal, even jokingly, is not really a good idea. Especially online. How many people can actually read the sarcasm you might have written in to your post? It is possible that you could wind up getting turned in for piracy. Now that would not make you laugh would it?

6string

Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:43 pm

AndyT wrote:
Saying that you steal, even jokingly, is not really a good idea. Especially online. How many people can actually read the sarcasm you might have written in to your post? It is possible that you could wind up getting turned in for piracy. Now that would not make you laugh would it?
There's Internet Police ??? :ohmy:

spraynard

Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:40 am

6string wrote:
AndyT wrote:
There's Internet Police ??? :ohmy:
ZOMG!!!

this is kind of interesting because i'm watching a movie right now called, RiP! A Remix Manifesto. It's about copyright issues with music, fair use, and all that involved with downloaded and remixing songs. Pretty interesting stuff.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic