Putting photographs on posts

heyjoe

Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:12 am

Hello

Just wondered if anyone knew the best way to put photographs on posts, especially panaoramic photos. I have a few I'd like to put on here, but I'm not sure of the best way, and is there a size and file limit that needs to be adhered to as well?

Thanks

Joe

Chasplaya

Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:03 pm

heyjoe wrote:
Hello

Just wondered if anyone knew the best way to put photographs on posts, especially panaoramic photos. I have a few I'd like to put on here, but I'm not sure of the best way, and is there a size and file limit that needs to be adhered to as well?

Thanks

Joe
When you write your post at the foot of the page are two options to load files or images, it is a bit restrictive to type you can load, and the size is not great , I usually use Microsoftt Editor and save the image for webpage, that often works

Music Junkie

Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:24 pm

Chas spelled out where you can upload from, but I wanted to pass on a neat little freeware program I use to resize/resample my images when I need to for various reasons.

This is called Ifranview and it allows you to change the size and file type quite easily. Plus it is free!

http://www.irfanview.com/

Hope it helps someone.

MJ

B)

heyjoe

Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:58 am

Thanks for both replies, both very helpful.

I've tried Irfanview, took it off when I got photoshop, but am going to put it back on today as it has some unique features.

At some point I'll take some photos and load them up then.

Thanks

Joe

testtg

Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:48 pm

BigBear

Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:20 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
Chas spelled out where you can upload from, but I wanted to pass on a neat little freeware program I use to resize/resample my images when I need to for various reasons.

This is called Ifranview and it allows you to change the size and file type quite easily. Plus it is free!

http://www.irfanview.com/

Hope it helps someone.

MJ

B)

MJ- good resource! Karma at you! :cheer:

AcousticAl

Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:31 pm

I've had issues uploading photos- and made a support ticket for it.

I'll try it again here to see if it works.. Image

AcousticAl

Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:32 pm

It works!! Waddaya think Chas??

Thank you to Kacy in support.

sl83

Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:47 pm

TGJIM

Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:28 pm

Hi Everyone,

Yes we did get the photo uploading working on the forum today. It seems if photos are too wide though it pushes the site to go wider too. So we will need to adjust further.

Enjoy (not too much ;) )

Big Jim

P.S. For anyone unsure about uploading just click browse to select your image and then put your cursor where you want the image to appear in the post. Finally click the "[ img ]" button next to browse to tag where you want your image to be. Click submit.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic