haoli25

Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:55 am

He's actually a 60 year old dwarf. B)

Music Junkie

Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:22 am

How about:

Cheers

M.A.S.H.

I would love to learn both of them for guitar!

MJ

:P

BigBear

Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:40 am

Chasplaya wrote:
Another movie theme that always stuck with me was the Theme to the original Alamo movie, 'The Greenleaves of Summer'a haunting song appropriate to the story.
Chas- now you've hit on a great guitar song! The Brothers Four, fraternity brothers from the University of Washington. Great harmonies. Along with their other huge hit "Try to Remember" they made a huge impact on the folk scene. I got to see them not long ago and they still sound great! :cheer:

BigBear

Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:44 am

Lavallee wrote:
I have been asking this one for a while : Mission impossible

Marc
Marc- check out this version!

haoli25

Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:46 am

BigBear wrote:
Chas- now you've hit on a great guitar song! The Brothers Four, fraternity brothers from the University of Washington. Great harmonies. Along with their other huge hit "Try to Remember" they made a huge impact on the folk scene. I got to see them not long ago and they still sound great! :cheer:

Damn Rick, you are OLD!!:laugh:

(I remember them too. I last saw them on a PBS special and they are great!)

BigBear

Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:49 am

haoli25 wrote:
BigBear wrote:

Damn Rick, you are OLD!!:laugh:

(I remember them too. I last saw them on a PBS special and they are great!)
Yes, I am!! You'd think at my age I'd get some respect around here but oh no!! What were we talking about? :lol:

Lavallee

Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:25 pm

Mj I have Suicide is painless (M.A.S.H) arrangement as a guitar pro file if you are interested. I am actually rewatching the series right now (I am season 4 when BJ and Colonel Potter arrive at 4077). great show.

Marc

Lavallee

Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:27 pm

Thanks Bear, that is a nice version. I have tried to fingerpick with a 12 string but too many strings are hit at the same time.

Marc

Music Junkie

Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:35 pm

Lavallee wrote:
Mj I have Suicide is painless (M.A.S.H) arrangement as a guitar pro file if you are interested. I am actually rewatching the series right now (I am season 4 when BJ and Colonel Potter arrive at 4077). great show.

Marc
Would love it. I will PM you with an e-mail addy. I have the entire series as well. One of the best shows of all time...IMHO I also have the entire Cheers series. Another great show.

Thanks!

Chasplaya

Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:02 pm

haoli25 wrote:
He's actually a 60 year old dwarf. B)
Sorry I heard he's an Alien who has been planted on Earth to torment aspiring guitar players. Yup way too good, interesting to see how his career progresses

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic