Meaning Behind Your Site Name

Craig

Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:26 pm

Funny you mention that! That thought ran through my mind the instant my finger was pushing "submit"... :dry:

Chasplaya

Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:28 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
Craig wrote:
My site name is simply my name, Craig...I almost feel the need to appologize :P I've never been too involved in forums or blogs. So, when I originally joined the site it was only with the intentions of looking at the guitar lessons. However, being a high school teacher, I'm on a wonderful 3 week vacation! With the time off, I started to look through some of the videos that have been uploaded and at some of your profiles...how awesome for me to discover that I have a great deal in common with many of you (musically as well as life in general!). I look forward to being more involved in the forum side of the site. I guess if you would like to make an interesting and creative accronym out of C-r-a-i-g...go for it!
Careful what you wish for, C.R.A.I.G...

No doubt someone is working on that as I type!!
C = Crusty
R = Rehabilitated
A = Aged
I = Improving
G = Guitarist

Now that could cover many of us here :laugh:

haoli25

Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:30 pm

Glad to have you with us Craig. Feel free to chime in anytime. Tips and opinions are always welcome.

Bill

wrench

Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:33 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
Craig wrote:
My site name is simply my name, Craig...I almost feel the need to appologize :P I've never been too involved in forums or blogs. So, when I originally joined the site it was only with the intentions of looking at the guitar lessons. However, being a high school teacher, I'm on a wonderful 3 week vacation! With the time off, I started to look through some of the videos that have been uploaded and at some of your profiles...how awesome for me to discover that I have a great deal in common with many of you (musically as well as life in general!). I look forward to being more involved in the forum side of the site. I guess if you would like to make an interesting and creative accronym out of C-r-a-i-g...go for it!
Careful what you wish for, C.R.A.I.G...

No doubt someone is working on that as I type!!
Craig,

I am quite certain Chris, Chas, and Dennis are flying in a circular formation over your head preparing the aerial delivery of an acronym you have not foreseen. Brave man you are. Good luck, and wear a hat for awhile.

P.S. I don't want to say I told you so, but I saw Chas deliver his payload as I was typing!

Craig

Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:34 pm

Thanks Bill, I feel at home already! (a lot of "aloha spirit"!)
Chasplaya, have we met before? You hit the nail on the head, first try! :P

AndyT

Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:35 pm

Craig, Personally I'd like you to keep it. I'm already having enough trouble keeping real names and forum names and stage names and fake names straight... :laugh:

dennisg

Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:42 pm

Craig,

I am quite certain Chris, Chas, and Dennis are flying in a circular formation over your head preparing the aerial delivery of an acronym you have not foreseen. Brave man you are. Good luck, and wear a hat for awhile.!
Nah, if I can't fit the word "breast" in there somewhere, I've got nothing.

- Dennis

prawnpig

Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:57 pm

My site name was earned at a bbq a couple of years ago when my wifes cousin and i had a prawn eating contest where between us we devoured about 12 pounds of prawns between us when one of the onlookers called us a couple of prawnpigs and I have used it as a user name since.

Chasplaya

Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:00 pm

Craig wrote:
Thanks Bill, I feel at home already! (a lot of "aloha spirit"!)
Chasplaya, have we met before? You hit the nail on the head, first try! :P
Don't know about having met, but we are in similar business I'm A Training Manager and teach = Crusty bit

Rehabilitated, well my wife would need to answer that

Aged = None of us getting any younger

Improving = Now thats totally down to this site and Neils teaching

Guitarist = Well duhh that why i'm here believe it or not, not just to have fun onthe Forums.

BobR

Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:14 pm

Wow, I have been a member of TG since the beginning, but I was never one to get into forums so I just hung around in the background until I felt like what the heck. I guess I missed this post some 4 months ago. After seeing how great everyone is I have a lot of fun now. My problem is I would love to spend way too much time here but unfortunately that pesky work thing keeps getting in my way :laugh: .

Oh yeah, My site name couldn't be more boring. It almost spells boring HMMM I just realized that. BobR(ing) First name last initial. Well it is easy for me to remember.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic