Meaning Behind Your Site Name

AndyT

Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:03 pm

His hair. LOL

haoli25

Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:22 pm

Was it a bottle cap? I don't know why that came to mind.

Music Junkie

Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:59 pm

haoli25 wrote:
Was it a bottle cap? I don't know why that came to mind.
Bingo! Yes, it was the bottle cap off of the last beer he opened, but did not drink...

Karma coming your way...:lol:

haoli25

Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:08 pm

Thank you. (Damn, I've got to get out more!) :P

Music Junkie

Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:51 pm

haoli25 wrote:
Thank you. (Damn, I've got to get out more!) :P
That could probably be said for anyone wearing a Water Buffalo hat right now......:P

Chasplaya

Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:36 am

This thread got a little off topic a while back but it initially generated some good stuff. I just thought with so many new members they might like to provide a bit of edification for us on the meaning of their chosen site name. Also for the newbies its worth checking back , miss out the garbage but read some interesting stories about how the guys got the names they use here.

suziko

Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:33 am

Chas,

Thanks for digging this thread out from storage. I think it was started right before I joined, or at least before I was taking part in the forums. It was fun to read (I just skipped over the banter) and it would be nice to hear from more members. Here's my backstory (not that interesting, really):

My first name is Susan. After finishing my masters degree in Slavic Languages and Literature I went to Russia to teach English and improve my Russian. While I was there, a Russian friend of mine gave me the nickname "Suziko." It's not at all a "russian-ized" nickname for Susan (that would be "Suzannochka") but I liked how it sounded and have used it as my "handle" on various sites.

Music Junkie

Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:32 am

suziko wrote:
Chas,

Thanks for digging this thread out from storage. I think it was started right before I joined, or at least before I was taking part in the forums. It was fun to read (I just skipped over the banter) and it would be nice to hear from more members. Here's my backstory (not that interesting, really):

My first name is Susan. After finishing my masters degree in Slavic Languages and Literature I went to Russia to teach English and improve my Russian. While I was there, a Russian friend of mine gave me the nickname "Suziko." It's not at all a "russian-ized" nickname for Susan (that would be "Suzannochka") but I liked how it sounded and have used it as my "handle" on various sites.
That is a cool story. I'll bet it was interesting to teach over there. What part of Russia did you travel to?

MJ

:)

suziko

Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:34 am

I lived in a city called Petrozavodsk ("Peter's Factory") which is in northern Russia. I've visited Moscow and St. Petersburg, and also spent a summer in the Ukraine, in Kiev and Kharkov. It was certainly an amazing experience! Though I look back on some of the risks I took and think, "I hope to God my daughter never does those things!" I think I'd be happy if she never left town! :)

ffsooo3

Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:09 am

My name is a combination of my initials and my date of birth.
Encrypted for protection of course! :) B) :( :silly:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic