Meaning Behind Your Site Name

stratman3

Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:49 am

My site name is also kinda boring, but here it is, I own a Fender American deluxe Strat, wonderful electric, besides my baby, my Martin acoustic. I love the blues, all kinds, from the three kings to Stevie Ray and many more. I also belong to a blues internet site, which I have totally neglected ever since I found TG. The number 3 has always been my lucky number. I just used my same site name as my blues site, makes it easier, way to many logons and passwords. B)

Music Junkie

Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:31 am

goldleaf wrote:
Well, guess it's my turn. Nothing really interesting. I live in the Grass Valley, Nevada City area, off of Hwy49 as in the 49er gold rush. Lots of closed and some open gold mines still in operation. Both are small tourist/retirement towns and they refer to the area as "Gold Country". I had a small hobby with jewelry and some decorating. I occasionally used "Gold Leaf". This is my first forum or computer website like this so I just picked a word I thought sounded good and I thought I could live with over a period of time, you know sometimes I made up a password and not too long later I though "what was I thinking when I made that up"? So that's my story. Gary
Gary: You live in a very beautiful area. I grew up in Modesto, and we spent just about every weekend (weather permitting) up in the mountains of the Stanislaus National Forrest. Was totally bummed when they built the New Melones Dam in the 80's. Really ruined a ton of wonderful wild river along the Stanislaus between Camp 9 and the lower bridge where Hwy 49 crossed. As a kid, I used to fish that river extensively and also get captivated by the naked ladies that used to raft down the river.....lol What an experience. I know you are farther North, but I am sure you have traveled along Hwy 49 a few times....

Chasplaya

Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:04 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
Hey guys we have some wierd and wonderful names on the site , I was just wondering how you came about your site name.

Mine Chasplaya , a bit boring really Chas abbreviated form of Charles, Playa duhh well I play guitar, although some might say I play muppets lol.
Bump

I thought i'd resurrect this seeing as how we have so many new members.

hasben

Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:21 pm

Hasben is better than Neverwas, I think. Anyway, I retired at 58 back in September and I guess I'm feeling a little over the hill. It just sounded good at the time. Should I change it to Okie? Haven't heard from anybody from Oklahoma here so that might be an option.

Fred

Chasplaya

Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:27 pm

hasben wrote:
Hasben is better than Neverwas, I think. Anyway, I retired at 58 back in September and I guess I'm feeling a little over the hill. It just sounded good at the time. Should I change it to Okie? Haven't heard from anybody from Oklahoma here so that might be an option.

Fred
I think you gotta change if you think you're a little over the hill, prime of life I reckon mate.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:41 pm

I told Fred already that Hasbin was my nickname at Camp Choconut, Pa. where I was the camp waterfront counselor in 1976 (bicentinial year folks)... not because I was past anything but because it sounded like my family name. Hasben is definitely better than neverwas!

Craig

Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:54 pm

My site name is simply my name, Craig...I almost feel the need to appologize :P I've never been too involved in forums or blogs. So, when I originally joined the site it was only with the intentions of looking at the guitar lessons. However, being a high school teacher, I'm on a wonderful 3 week vacation! With the time off, I started to look through some of the videos that have been uploaded and at some of your profiles...how awesome for me to discover that I have a great deal in common with many of you (musically as well as life in general!). I look forward to being more involved in the forum side of the site. I guess if you would like to make an interesting and creative accronym out of C-r-a-i-g...go for it!

hasben

Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:59 pm

Chris,

Camp Coconut?? Now there's name.

Fred

sws626

Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:01 pm

No story here, I'm afraid. Just my initials plus some numbers tagged on. Had I realized how sociable this site would be, I would have opted for something better.

Stuart

AcousticAl

Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:11 pm

Craig wrote:
My site name is simply my name, Craig...I almost feel the need to appologize :P I've never been too involved in forums or blogs. So, when I originally joined the site it was only with the intentions of looking at the guitar lessons. However, being a high school teacher, I'm on a wonderful 3 week vacation! With the time off, I started to look through some of the videos that have been uploaded and at some of your profiles...how awesome for me to discover that I have a great deal in common with many of you (musically as well as life in general!). I look forward to being more involved in the forum side of the site. I guess if you would like to make an interesting and creative accronym out of C-r-a-i-g...go for it!
Careful what you wish for, C.R.A.I.G...

No doubt someone is working on that as I type!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic