Meaning Behind Your Site Name

Chasplaya

Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:55 pm

Hey guys we have some wierd and wonderful names on the site , I was just wondering how you came about your site name.

Mine Chasplaya , a bit boring really Chas abbreviated form of Charles, Playa duhh well I play guitar, although some might say I play muppets lol.

Music Junkie

Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:19 pm

Back in college, whenever a song would come on the radio, I could tell you what is was, who the artist was and usually some useless tidbits to go along with it. I started getting a reputation within my circle of friends. Whenever they could not think of the name of a song or who sang a certain song, they would call me up and ask me. Most of the time I could get it pretty quickly for them. It was kind of an ongoing joke and game. People would try and stump me all the time. Back then there was a show on called Rock -n - Roll Jeopardy and I was very good at that (in comparison to my friends mind you). Anyway, everyone started calling me Music Junkie as it was my drug of choice.....

Rather uninteresting, but that is the story.

MJ

:P :P

BigBear

Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:51 pm

Music Junkie wrote:
Back in college, whenever a song would come on the radio, I could tell you what is was, who the artist was and usually some useless tidbits to go along with it. I started getting a reputation within my circle of friends. Whenever they could not think of the name of a song or who sang a certain song, they would call me up and ask me. Most of the time I could get it pretty quickly for them. It was kind of an ongoing joke and game. People would try and stump me all the time. Back then there was a show on called Rock -n - Roll Jeopardy and I was very good at that (in comparison to my friends mind you). Anyway, everyone started calling me Music Junkie as it was my drug of choice.....

Rather uninteresting, but that is the story.

MJ

You and Neil really do have something in common! Neil is like a rock and roll historian. Sounds like you are too!

Great story, thanks for sharing!! :cheer:

haoli25

Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:21 pm

Mine is no great mystery. In Hawaii, 'haoli', means happy. (as opposed to haole lol) In Cantonese 'Hao Li' means friend. I just combined the two meanings. The '25' came from MSN when I set up a junk email account. Since I have a limited amount of brain cells left, 'haoli25' just became easy for me to remember.
Like MusicJunkie, I am also a 'shadetree' musicologist. That comes from years and years of reading album (YES, I said album) covers. :)

cabro

Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:30 pm

My story is pretty boring as well. My middle name is Christopher, hence the "C" and as some of you know I go by Chris. (The only people that use my first name don't know me. Comes in handy when answering the phone.) My last name is pretty much unpronounceable to most folks so the abro is just a shortened form of an Americanization of a Lithuanian name.

Music Junkie

Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:43 pm

cabro wrote:
My last name is pretty much unpronounceable to most folks so the abro is just a shortened form of an Americanization of a Lithuanian name.
I too grew up getting my last name completely massacred. Coming from Swiss/Italian lineage, you can let your imagination run wild....lol I used to get a kick out of watching the teachers struggle before I would finally let them off the hook and just say "Here"....B) B)

Music Junkie

Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:45 pm

haoli25 wrote:
Like MusicJunkie, I am also a 'shadetree' musicologist. That comes from years and years of reading album (YES, I said album) covers. :)
I don't know why I have always been so fascinated by music history, but it certainly has kept my attention over the years. Man, I remember reading and studying album covers for hours at a time. Opening up the inserts and memorizing all the lyrics..... Good times.

AcousticAl

Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:49 pm

I actually tried to snag some cooler names when I first signed up to TG-
(DAMN YOU DUSTYSTRINGS!! kidding.. sort of :)

AcousticAl just fit.

Lavallee

Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:00 pm

This is the first forum that I have ever been involved in (and I am selling computers and hightech stuff) . So when the logon name cam up I just put my last name of course, not realizing the idea behind the names. I will know better next time :(

Marc

AcousticAl

Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:02 pm

Lavallee wrote:
This is the first forum that I have ever been involved in (and I am selling computers and hightech stuff) . So when the logon name cam up I just put my last name of course, not realizing the idea behind the names. I will know better next time :(

Marc
That's funny Marc. First online venture for me too. I've always been pretty guarded about online stuff as well. Firsts for everything I guess..

Lavallee's cool anyways.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic