BigBear Hits 1000, Congratulations

AcousticAl

Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:40 pm

Wll that counts me out then ...

The day I become the staff member of anyones is the day I commit Hari Kari...

AndyT

Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:32 pm

Matt, LOL

Bear,
I'm still suprised you even know the word 'loquacious'. Whose thesaurus did you snatch? Chas's?

BigBear

Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:29 am

AndyT wrote:
Matt, LOL

Bear,
I'm still suprised you even know the word 'loquacious'. Whose thesaurus did you snatch? Chas's?
Hey, I'm an engineer remember? We always use big words like that! I was going to say you two were verbose but loquacious was more accurate. lol! Who wants a Kiwi thesaurus? They just make up words as they go!! :lol:

Actually, I've been a construction/business mediator and arbitrator for over 25 years now and working around lawyers all the time will definately test your vocabulary! :cheer:

haoli25

Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:39 am

How goes the recovery, Rick?

By the way, I owe you a very big THANK YOU. I took your advice and bought a Roland Cube 30X on eBay. I got it on Thursday. I am very impressed with it.

Bill

BigBear

Mon Aug 31, 2009 1:54 am

haoli25 wrote:
How goes the recovery, Rick?

By the way, I owe you a very big THANK YOU. I took your advice and bought a Roland Cube 30X on eBay. I got it on Thursday. I am very impressed with it.

Bill
Hey Bill, that's fantastic! Congrats! Isn't that thing an amazing little amp? The sound quality and features just blow me away. You got the amp one size bigger than mine. I wanted something I could play thru in the living room and not have the Boss yell at me from the back room.

Frankly, the hand is damned sore today. He used some sort of novacaine to deaden the hand and it just wore off today. Thank goodness for Percocet! Puts me right to sleep. Better living thru pharmacology I always say! But I can move my fingers a little today.

Thanks for asking! :cheer:

haoli25

Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:03 am

I truly am amazed at all of the features on this amp. I like all of the pre-sets and the fine adjustments you can make. It's a lot of fun to play with.
You had mentioned in another thread that this was a bad time to 'sell' musical instruments. Very true. But it's a great time to buy! I used the auto-bidder program,
POWERSNIPE, and I got the Roland for $88.

Stay medicated my friend. :)

BigBear

Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:10 am

haoli25 wrote:
I truly am amazed at all of the features on this amp. I like all of the pre-sets and the fine adjustments you can make. It's a lot of fun to play with.
You had mentioned in another thread that this was a bad time to 'sell' musical instruments. Very true. But it's a great time to buy! I used the auto-bidder program,
POWERSNIPE, and I got the Roland for $88.

Stay medicated my friend. :)

$88? WOW! I paid $100 for my Cube 20. You got a hell of a deal if it was in good shape! I haven't tried Powersnipe. Is that the name of the website? I buy from eBay alot so I should use something like that. Thanks for the tip! :cheer:

AndyT

Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:16 am

Bill, Is that a 'modeling' amp?

haoli25

Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:32 am

Yes, It is a COSM Modeling amp.

Rick, the thing is brand new, still in the box.

As for POWERSNIPE, a friend of mine recommended the program to me. You have to pay an annual fee for it and a later learned that there are many FREE programs on the internet that do the same thing. It just monitors the last bid just before the item closes and increases the bid. You can set a maximum bid for the item. I had placed a $100 max bid on the amp and I really didn't think I would get it. The next thing I knew, I got an email from POWERSNIPE saying, PAY THESE PEOPLE. Like everything else on eBay, sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. lol

AndyT

Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:37 am

Since you already know about it now, I guess it won't hurt to tell you that ebay has a version of that for free.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic