If this were the perfect site ???

AndyT

Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:32 pm

Just get the Groucho glasses then. Nose, Stash and glasses all in one.

sl83

Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:28 pm

Nice - I forgot that this was here.

Another suggestion - may have already been noted - I'll read this full thread when I get a chance:

On the Home page, under the Latest TG Blog Post - add a hyperlink to bring us to the full blog post in there.

Right now I have to click TG Blog and then Read the rest of this entry » to read the full thing.

Set the headline of the blog post on that main page to link to the full blog article: http://www.totallyguitars.com/blog/unca ... #more-1206 for instance, and that would be golden :)

mark

Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:59 am

I thought of a couple of extra things that would move the site further towards being perfect.

Always have a full speed metronome play along. I enjoy the slow metronome play along but it would be good also to have a full speed version as well, even if it was just to marvel at Neil's playing.

With the target shorts sometimes I just want to go back to them and go straight to a particular section. It could be left hand or right hand but would probably be the slow play along. Is there any way to indicate where in the videos these parts are. With out this you have to hunt around a bit to find the right place in the video.

sl83

Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:15 pm

Just thought of this one.

I don't know how mod-able Kunena is, or if you guys are ever planning to move onto a different forum software - I'm a fan of VBulletin to be honest (phpBB is good as well - maybe free also?)

But allow us to put a location under our profiles, so when we post on the forum - underneath our forum name shows our location.

So under all my posts: you'd see - Long Island, New York

It would seem that we have a bunch of people from all over the world in here.

TGMatt

Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:05 pm

Bump

This is the thread to post what u want guys..

Chasplaya

Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:28 pm

Sorry forgot this was here Matt.

To all TG'ers I suggest you Favourite this so you can find it easily, the orange button under the post, then it can be found easily on the My Discussions tab.

I link straight to the Forum page which gives the option of Recent Discussion, My Discussions, Categories etc SO I look at My Discussions tab first and things favourited stay at the top. Quite useful if you have recurring posts to make like my 'Musicians Birthdays post...

On things to see on the site

A How To Use The Site Page thread. I suggest this cos i've noted loads of guys using this site that are not conversant with many basic things like uploading vids or using the quote functions in the threads

AndyT

Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:02 pm

Good stuff Wilson.

__m__

Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:46 am

Bump

One thing I would appreciate is a "My Lessons" Section maybe on the profile page. It would show what lessons you have completed and recommendations for next progressive lessons. One might even put in a colored bar or a ranking system that shows you your current "TG Rank" or something. It wouldn't be competitive by means, or even be available to be viewed by other TG members, but just in fun or personal satisfaction. It could even be something as simple as a colored marking system so that when a user is browsing lessons one color would be for completed lessons, and one would be for other lessons near that playing level, and ones out of that playing level.

Just another idea I would enjoy.

AndyT

Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:40 am

Hi Guys,

So I have 3 things to add (some of them might have been already added, sorry if I repeat)

1. Backing tracks for the Target Lessons. I know it's very difficult to publish them (maybe because of copyright or something like that), but as many of you wrote: it's a thread of wishes

2. Possibility of changing the playback speed of the videos (only for the "play along" section). What if the playback speed was too fast or too slow for someone?

3. In our profile we could "rank" ourselves into 10 (?) categories (or levels) with selecting the songs we can play correctly. The site would calculate the rank automatically and display it (to the public). I know it's very subjective to determine what "correctly" means, but it's just an idea.

Have a nice day to all of you!

AndyT

Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:41 am

You know M, thats a good idea. How do you decide if the person completed it? Leave it up to them? The honor system? If it's only for you, then no problem. The moment it becomes public, people might mark stuff complete to look better in everyones eyes. Then people like me will never mark anything because I'm never satisfied with where I'm at.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic