If this were the perfect site ???

michelew

Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:50 am

I often forget to check my profile page. Is it possible to get a message when you log in if you have a PM or such? Yes - and I will check my page more too.

ta

Michele

AcousticAl

Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:30 am

Adding a magic button that will practice for me would be great! Been spending a LOT of time on the forums and now blogs. Trying to stay away from the chat room- but I know it's only a matter of time before I buckle.

Get on that 'practice for me' button, would ya' Big Jim?

Lavallee

Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:02 am

One thing I find could be more emphasized is rhythm lessons. Not the rhythm that Neil explain for a specific song but only rhythm exercises to understand the concept of playing following the beat within a measure.

I have attached an example of something I found on the net as an example. The idea is to use the same chord for each line and you strum following the notes. At the same time you call outloud the 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and you keep the beat with your foot.

Under each note the up or down strumming direction could be showned. Neil could play each line to demonstrate the actual final results. The video could show Neil explaining each line explaining what needs to emphasized and give a demonstration.

Marc Image

lmc831

Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:09 am

Michele,

When someone has sent u a message, there is a "bell" icon. I beleive it is on the community page and/or the Home page. It is little red bell.

Lisa

reiver

Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:26 pm

Can we have something called TG time - with a clock somewhere to tell us what the time in TG land is. Sometimes I look at posts in walls/blogs etc and I don't know whether the post was recent or not. If I knew what TG time was it would make things a bit easier. It doesn't matter whether it's eastern time or pacific time or GMT, just as long as I can find it.

r

-----------------------------------------------------------------

it may make organising TG live a bit simpler too

michelew

Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:16 am

Thanks Lisa. I'll check that out.

dennisg

Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:42 am

lmc831 wrote:
Michele,

When someone has sent u a message, there is a "bell" icon. I beleive it is on the community page and/or the Home page. It is little red bell.

Lisa
The little bell is on your profile page. But it would be nice if we were notified on the Home page of new PMs or additions to groups we subscribe to.

- Beefy D

AndyT

Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:23 pm

When you login, start with your profile page. That's what I do.

dennisg

Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:34 pm

AndyT wrote:
When you login, start with your profile page. That's what I do.
That's what I do, too, Andy. My point was, Why should I have to? After I log on, the site automatically takes me to the home page. It would be nice if there were an indicator right there to let me know if I have to go to my profile page.

I'm not sure how it works on Windows boxes, but on a Mac, you get notified in the Dock that mail has arrived. You wouldn't want to manually have to go into your mail program to check to see if you have mail.

- Beefy D

AndyT

Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:49 pm

Not sure I said that the way I meant it.

When you created the bookmark or favortie link in your web browser for TG, make it go to your profile page instead of the home page. As long as your cookie permissions are correctly set, you will get your profile with no problems or having to click to get to it. My profile IS my home page for TG.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic