If this were the perfect site ???

RicksPick

Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:51 pm

Lots and lots of good idea's guys

Here's one more

I'm currently awaiting/ hoping for an email from the staff
And to check if I have email I have to keep going back to the community tab to check
Checked at least 10 times in last couple of days.
Is it possible to have email notification on every page? maybe in the header?

RicksPick

AndyT

Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:57 pm

How about a guest artist on TG Live? Real live questions from the audience. And tell us who it is a couple of days beforehand so we can look over their music to get some good questions ready.

wrench

Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:23 pm

I think TG already has a huge collection of material, but perhaps some better structuring of that information and a nice intuitive interface to access it all would be helpful.

TG has some pretty special qualities going for it. Specifically I mean the proficiency, passion, and charisma of Neil Hogan; and the remarkable manner in which the clientele of the forum have bonded into some weird and entertaining subculture.

I would not like to see any improvements that diminish any of the character exposure in TG. I would pass up 20 lessons a day from anyone else to get a lesson from Neil Hogan once a month, and I don't want any of the silly forum fun go away.

Perhaps a better separation of fun and guitar business are in order here, but I'm here for both. Let's face it, any of us can go anywhere else to learn music and guitar, but only at TG do you get Neil Hogan and muppets.

I do like some of the tools proposed, especially the chord tools. But I caution everyone not to focus on what we don't have to the extent that we no longer see what we do have.

wrench

Chasplaya

Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:09 pm

wrench wrote:
But I caution everyone not to focus on what we don't have to the extent that we no longer see what we do have.

wrench
Very good point 'None so blind as those that cannot see'

neverfoundthetime

Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:16 pm

.... and a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest, hmmmmm.... so where does that leave us...... ah, visions of future TG. Bling bling.

neverfoundthetime

Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:21 pm

Kevin: Great idea on guest appearances! Let's have Al Stewart on Neil!

TGMatt

Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:39 pm

Hey all

Just to reinforce

Their will be no dilution of what we have ....lesson wise, Neil wise. etc..

Only additional for those who want it..

Keep the stuff coming., I will tell you that almost everything was and is on our list..so their are a couple of genuinely new ideas here..so Keep them coming.

Cheers

Matt

Music Junkie

Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:36 pm

TGMatt wrote:
Hey all

Just to reinforce

Their will be no dilution of what we have ....lesson wise, Neil wise. etc..

Only additional for those who want it..

Keep the stuff coming., I will tell you that almost everything was and is on our list..so their are a couple of genuinely new ideas here..so Keep them coming.

Cheers

Matt
Matt:

Just wanted to say thanks to you guys for letting us participate in the shaping of this site. Sounds like you guys have it covered, but it is good to know that you guys are listening and, I hope, having fun with it. I know how much work a website can be, and especially one of this magnitude.

Someone else mentioned in the campfire thread, that you guys are really into it. I must say I agree. I can tell with the lessons and, especially the TG Live broadcasts. Neil really seems to thoroughly enjoy teaching, and the enthusiasm of everyone on this site (behind the scenes, Neil himself, and all the members have really motivated me to learn more. Keep up the good work!

B)

neverfoundthetime

Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:25 am

Here's one for you Matt:
I'm slowly piecing together who does what at TG:
Neil is THE MAN
Jim is something awesome in the admin
Mike answers my cries for support instantly or before I can type them
Matt(your honoured self)is the off-camera Aussie voice, dyslexic poster and suspected cyber-superman with a masters in business (and other enterpreneurial tallents)
The Muppets are a great bunch of unsuspecting TG members under a wicked voodoo spell entrapping them 24/7 online as willing guitar zombies

Now I may or may not have this right..... what would really help is a who's who on TG: an "About us" button.

Chasplaya

Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:19 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Here's one for you Matt:
I'm slowly piecing together who does what at TG:
Neil is THE MAN
Jim is something awesome in the admin
Mike answers my cries for support instantly or before I can type them
Matt(your honoured self)is the off-camera Aussie voice, dyslexic poster and suspected cyber-superman with a masters in business (and other enterpreneurial tallents)
The Muppets are a great bunch of unsuspecting TG members under a wicked voodoo spell entrapping them 24/7 online as willing guitar zombies

Now I may or may not have this right..... what would really help is a who's who on TG: an "About us" button.
good point Chris, then we know who to give the most Karma to or is it still Lagavulin.

A full intro on the Please Intro (or NItro as matt might say) Yourself here thread might do it

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic