If this were the perfect site ???

rclink

Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:18 pm

What would it have..what would it have more, of less of, dream big...leave your ideas here..

We have a huge list , but we want you all to speak out, because TG Version 3.0 is in the planning stages, and we want this to be simply the best site , ahead of anything else, with the best teaching, the best tools, the best community, you name it..

So....lets hear it here...and we will be creating a list with voting from this beginning thread soon, for you to keep track and add anything you can think of...

Hold nothing back in terms of requests...

CHeers

Matt

68camaro

Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:38 pm

Ok Im going to add the first one..

A downloadable PDF chord library...thx to the previous Uke post, Now this is diffretn to to individual tabs for songs..that is a whole project that needs fleshing out with feature sets..

rcsnydley

Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:39 pm

I would like to see a series of articles.

These articles could include but not be limited to.
1. More in depth examination of the TARGET songs, interesting background, playing styles, chord progressions, key and scale examination, etc.
2. The performance side of guitar playing.
3. Guitar related music theory, perhaps using songs to illustrate concepts.
4. Using the guitar to compose and write songs, also song lyric writing.
5. Singing, both with the guitar as accompaniment and on it's own.
6. Gear, guitars (acoustic & electric), amps, mics, etc.
7. Recording, guitar recording and general.
8. The music business.

I'm sure there are some I've forgotten, if I think of them I will add them in a later post.

Thanks

Ric

Chasplaya

Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:59 pm

Given this site as it stands seems to be so popular and the membership appears to be increasing I imagine Neils is having to work overtime; therefore, a suggestion would be to increase the number of Instructors; say one each for beginner, Intermediate and Advanced. But retain the style of the current instruction. I'm sure Neil could mentor a few guitar teachers along the way.

Also as for the Forums one for the level you are at i.e. beginner, intermediate and advanced with perhaps a common interest one for all members but retain the fun areas.

More moderators, some threads it may be ok to go off topic but others can confuse people. I don't mean 'thread police' , but maybe a means for the originator of a thread to be the moderator for that thread, if it can be done that is. But the fact this is not overdone here adds to the attraction of the site it is mostly self governing but the bigger we get the harder that will become.

The odd incentive, meaningful competitions with worthwhile prizes, Neils CD's for example, a free one on one session with an Instructor. Competitions aimed at the different levels so the winners get spread around. You would need some form of establishing playing level first though like in golf handicaps. Give greater meaning to karma points and if you attain so many provide an incentive i.e free month subscriptions.

Chasplaya

Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:03 pm

Online tools, i.e. the TG Metronome, TG Tuner, TG Chord generator

rcsnydley

Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:08 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
Give greater meaning to karma points and if you attain so many provide an incentive i.e free month subscriptions.
The problem with karma points is they are so subjective. If you are popular and have a bunch of buddies they can give karma points for nothing, other than they like you.

Karma points are fun, but not necessarily an indication of useful posting. It could easily turn into a popularity contest, or I'll give you karma points if you give me karma points.

Ric

BobR

Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:09 pm

Most if not all of this so far is on our list..

But...keep it coming..

Make sure you dont put etc..at the end of a sentence.., I have no idea wht specifically you may have left out..

I would love to see some specifics around the community ...what is it you think we need or could add that would make it truly great ?

rcsnydley

Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:10 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
Online tools, i.e. the TG Metronome, TG Tuner, TG Chord generator
The online tools are a great idea.

Ric

Chasplaya

Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:25 pm

rcsnydley wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:
Give greater meaning to karma points and if you attain so many provide an incentive i.e free month subscriptions.
The problem with karma points is they are so subjective. If you are popular and have a bunch of buddies they can give karma points for nothing, other than they like you.

Karma points are fun, but not necessarily an indication of useful posting. It could easily turn into a popularity contest, or I'll give you karma points if you give me karma points.

Ric
Make it so only moderators admins or Instructors dish out karma

Chasplaya

Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:29 pm

Seek out partnerships with various stores for member discounts not just in US but around the World or ensure they are online stores only. That way maybe a revenue earner for TG via advertising, but make conscious decision to limnit ads to a certain number.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic