If this were the perfect site ???

KennyF

Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:34 am

Chasplaya wrote:
Online tools, i.e. the TG Metronome, TG Tuner, TG Chord generator
The best chord generator, online or otherwise, can be found right HERE. It does a lot more than just chords and is extremely user friendly. It even has a "chord name" tab, where you use your mouse to put notes on a virtual fretboard and it tells you what the name of the chord is.

And by the way, it's a free site.

I think the site would benefit greatly from an application like this, but it would have to be as good or better. Otherwise, you could just use the site in the link.

Kenny

cool arrow

Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:59 pm

Chasplaya wrote:

B)

BigBear

Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:50 pm

kennyf wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:
The best chord generator, online or otherwise, can be found right HERE. It does a lot more than just chords and is extremely user friendly. It even has a "chord name" tab, where you use your mouse to put notes on a virtual fretboard and it tells you what the name of the chord is.

And by the way, it's a free site.

I think the site would benefit greatly from an application like this, but it would have to be as good or better. Otherwise, you could just use the site in the link.

Kenny
Kenny- this is indeed a great site but have you discovered a way to print the various fretboards. I tried to save them as .gif or .bmp's and I get nothing.

:cheer:

Chasplaya

Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:09 pm

Bear try 'PrintScreen' and paste to Word, that does it for me.

neverfoundthetime

Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:39 pm

Jo! That's what I do too Bear...... should work for you too, even in Oregon! ;-)

jim56

Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:25 pm

Here's a couple of other ideas for products:

1. GuitEARit - Designed specifically for guitarists - GuitEarIt! is a game that trains your ear to hear and recognize the main chords used in popular music. When you use this game, you train yourself to pick up the chords in songs almost immediately - which means you don’t need to go wading through tons of useless information to find what you are looking for. Put simply, GuitEarIt! trains you to know chords just by listening to them. .guitearit.com/

2. Jayde Musica - Music Theory, Learn how to read music by playing games. Jaydemusica is the modern day space invaders for reading music. Learn to read the Treble, Bass, Alto and Tenor clefs. Jayde Musica has taken the bore out of learning how to read music. It is an exciting and challenging new game, and best of all, it's FREE! jaydemusica.com/download.php

Jim

__m__

Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:40 pm

AndyT wrote:
You know M, thats a good idea. How do you decide if the person completed it? Leave it up to them? The honor system? If it's only for you, then no problem. The moment it becomes public, people might mark stuff complete to look better in everyones eyes. Then people like me will never mark anything because I'm never satisfied with where I'm at.

You know, I've been thinking a lot about that, and I'm not sure that it would be possible because of it. I guess, first of all it couldn't be able to be public because of all the problems that brings, but on the flip side of that, people always talk. I don't know. At a minimum, I would at least have some sort of tracker or system that shows if I've watched a video and/or how many times I've watched it.

Here's one that would be an easy addition. TG has the colored symbols that tell the user the rated difficulty of the song lesson, but when you click "songs and artists" under the Target drop down you don't get to see the rating for a song until you click on the song. This leads to hunting through the list to find songs in a particular difficulty level. If they were grouped according to difficulty, or at least labeled on that page it would make it a lot more efficient.

sl83

Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:43 pm

Chasplaya wrote:

Print Screen and paste to MSPaint. Then Crop it and save it as a GIF or JPEG.

Holding ALT while hitting print screen will capture only the window in focus.

That might be the better choice.

__m__

Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:59 pm

__m__ wrote:

Here's one that would be an easy addition. TG has the colored symbols that tell the user the rated difficulty of the song lesson, but when you click "songs and artists" under the Target drop down you don't get to see the rating for a song until you click on the song. This leads to hunting through the list to find songs in a particular difficulty level. If they were grouped according to difficulty, or at least labeled on that page it would make it a lot more efficient.
Wow totally found this today. Don't know if it was always there or not, but just click on the master menu. It has all the symbols next to it. :blink:

AndyT

Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:18 am

LOL. It's been there a while M. You have to take a tour of the site one day. Lots of cool features for you to discover.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic