If this were the perfect site ???

Chasplaya

Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:30 pm

no karma...just cut it..

Chasplaya

Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:31 pm

Don't disagree at present its worthless, but I do know of sites where it or its equivalent has meaning and has to be earned and is only given by the Site owner.

Chasplaya

Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:35 pm

Ok Ill add something here..
If you have a specific example on another website that is not guitar related..

Ie any other website you may frequent that is not guitar related but you think we can apply some of the principles here..

Then post the example page here..or link

Cheers

rcsnydley

Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:36 pm

The only problem with karma only being given by site owner is that he/they would have to spend all of their time deciding if karma should be given. To that end I agree with Matt cut it out completely.

Ric

rcsnydley

Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:38 pm

mattwilliams wrote:
Ok Ill add something here..
If you have a specific example on another website that is not guitar related..

Ie any other website you may frequent that is not guitar related but you think we can apply some of the principles here..

Then post the example page here..or link

Cheers
I have no life outside of guitars, so I only go to guitar sites:huh:

BTW - etc. is one of my favorite words. It works when my brain shuts down.

Ric

Chasplaya

Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:12 am

How about the ability to personalise your profile page, post your own vids, chat area, message area, friends area, like facebook or any those social networking sites, now they are really popular. I mean you can even personalise your You Tube Channel to a degree, so why not here also.

haoli25

Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:58 am

Personally, I have never really understood the "Karma' button. I could care less what my own total is, but I have wondered why Neil's total isn't in the thousands. It does seem to be a good way to encourage the new players and those that have posted home videos to this site.

Bill

BigBear

Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:04 am

No thread would be complete without my sage and utterly profound feedback! lol!

1. If a song has a lead or riff section, demonstrate it and then include the scales/pattern that might be used. As I recall, Southern Man was a good example of this and then a good play along section. The rhythm backing track is fun and helpful.

2. A scale/pattern generator or list. I'd like to see for example the C#maj scale in all 5 positions on the same fret board. Or the Eb blues scale on the same fretboard. There are lots of resources out there but no one does it for each key and make it printable so you can practice without being on-line.

3. Some DADGAD songs.

4. Some slack key songs.

5. Leave the karma buttons alone. They are useless except for ego but they hurt nothing. We have bigger fish to fry.

6. More Travis picking songs and lessons. There are lots of good fingerstyle songs here but few true pattern picking songs except Scarborough Fair and Brain Damage.

7. More content that can be used away from the computer. I suspect many members aren't on-line all the time (except Andy and Chas) and would still like to practice TARGET content.

8. A better PM section for members who want to chat without hijacking the threads. The current PM system is pretty useless. It needs to be more like this section.

9. Better uploading capability for uploading tabs, pictures etc. Especially, .pdf files.

10. TARGET Shorts are great- keep 'em coming!

11. Some lessons/ songs aimed at 12 string guitar since many of us have them.

12. Some good acoustic blues content!!

I realize most of these won't happen but this was a dream list! :cheer:

haoli25

Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:19 am

mattwilliams wrote:
Most if not all of this so far is on our list..

But...keep it coming..

Make sure you dont put etc..at the end of a sentence.., I have no idea wht specifically you may have left out..

I would love to see some specifics around the community ...what is it you think we need or could add that would make it truly great ?
Well, [Ahem] as TG's first ever member (sorry Chas it's true!) and non-TARGET user, I would like to see a sample of a complete lesson and more thorough explanation of what exactly is TARGET (is this Neil's invention, an established approach to learning guitar, some arbitrary acronym?). I've clicked just about every link on this site and I still can't explain or define TARGET to someone! Are TABS available for every song featured? Is there a master index for all available songs? What kind of camera angle(s) can I expect during the lessons? Does Neil own stock in Banana Republic? These are questions I would like to have answered in one convenient (and obvious!) place on this site.

I realize my input is different than TARGET members, but I thought I'd offer an "outsider's" angle.

map4242

Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:32 am

The ability to play the lesson videos in slo-mo with sound at correct pitch.
The ability to loop sections of the videos.
I think TG's high res videos would do this well compared to other sites that have attempted it.

The TABs with the lessons should be in a format for software like Guitar Pro to open and play as well as the PDFs. This would also provide more "play along" practice at various tempos as has been recently discussed.

Mark

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic