Introducing: The Campfire Versions

willem

Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:00 am

Hi Gang,

I want to tell you about a new approach to some songs. There are a lot of songs that either are pretty simple or can be easily modified and be considered Campfire Songs. I use that term loosely to mean songs that you can just strum, almost anyway you like, and sing along with, possibly with an army of guitar players, much like you would around a campfire.

We are rolling out a whole bunch of tunes in this manner over the next couple of weeks. These will be mostly free, short lessons (around 10 minutes each), that give you enough of the vital details to play the song. They will usually include a chart of the chords and lyrics, generally no TAB.

This will give me a chance to teach some songs that I probably otherwise wouldn't get to as they may not teach anything new or be complex enough to warrant a more detailed lesson. It will also allow me to look at some newer stuff. The 1st batch is still 70s oriented but there are some big surprises just around the corner.

Be sure to let me know what you think (not that anybody needs to be reminded of that!).

Neil