Campfire Versions

cabro

Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:25 am

Hey Neil, Thanks for the reminder. I'm currently working on a set for October for (you guessed it) a camp fire sing along. I'd forgotten "Horse" until you put it up in the camp fire versions. Great idea, those. Keep 'em coming. I have a song to suggest for the Campfire. How about the Dave Mason classic "Feelin' Alright. It's on my list for next month. :) Thanks, Chris

Music Junkie

Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:34 am

cabro wrote:
How about the Dave Mason classic "Feelin' Alright.
That would be a great one!

Also, campfire versions of tunes by the Eagles, CSN, JIMMY BUFFET!!!!! and the newer stuff mentioned by Neil.

I eagerly await these additions, as they are mostly what I am looking to get out of the guitar at this point. I certainly LOVE the full lessons, but being able to sit down and play a song and sing along with friends is a great feeling.

Cheers!

MJ

kirbySfan

Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:37 am

There are a lot of sites on YouTube teaching “campfire” versions of songs. In my opinion it would be better to teach songs using intermediate or advanced level techniques, e.g. melody and strumming together.

BigBear

Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:37 am

cabro wrote:
Hey Neil, Thanks for the reminder. I'm currently working on a set for October for (you guessed it) a camp fire sing along. I'd forgotten "Horse" until you put it up in the camp fire versions. Great idea, those. Keep 'em coming. I have a song to suggest for the Campfire. How about the Dave Mason classic "Feelin' Alright. It's on my list for next month. :) Thanks, Chris

Chris- How about Dave Mason's We Just Disagree? :cheer:

cabro

Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:41 am

BigBear wrote:
cabro wrote:

Bear, "Feelin' Alright" is the consummate jam tune and it lends itself to the sing along vibe. I mean, everybody knows the chorus to this one and besides, there are only 2 chords. "We Just Disagree" has more than 2 chords I'm pretty sure.

1robekert

Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:45 am

Campfire Versions.................:) Keep 'em coming. I like them.
Rob

eagle670

Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:59 am

Hey great idea Neil! I check out "Horse with no Name" last night. For me I will use these as "fill in" tunes. Meaning that if I am working on a more complicated piece, I can take a quick break from it and learn a new tune in a few minutes. This should eliminate the "stuck in the mud" feeling I get when I take a long time to learn a new tune and feel like my progress is slowed down because of it.

Kevin

AndyT

Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:06 pm

BigBear wrote:
LMBO! Be nice Rick! LOL Sneaky ursine.

I like the campfire songs. But I really like being able to add the melody to it also. To me, that's just the best of both.

BigBear

Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:17 pm

cabro wrote:

Bear, "Feelin' Alright" is the consummate jam tune and it lends itself to the sing along vibe. I mean, everybody knows the chorus to this one and besides, there are only 2 chords. "We Just Disagree" has more than 2 chords I'm pretty sure.
Yes it does! As I recall, it is not your basic 2 or 3 chord campfire song! But it's still a great Dave Mason tune!! lol! :lol:

Music Junkie

Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:03 pm

BigBear wrote:
cabro wrote:
"We Just Disagree" has more than 2 chords I'm pretty sure.
Yes it does! As I recall, it is not your basic 2 or 3 chord campfire song! But it's still a great Dave Mason tune!! lol! :lol:
Do any of you know how to play just the little simple intro? I saw a youtube clip on it once, but I could not quite get the chords. Looked like a Dmaj7 shape played higher up on the neck. Then it was just strum, strum, strum/slide up, strum slide down. Looks easy, but when you don't know, you don't know..... Oh man am I eloquent.....:huh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic