Campfire Versions

AndyT

Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:19 pm

MJ, Your choice of words is so amazing it has brought me to tears.

haoli25

Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:42 pm

MJ it is played in Open E tuning (E-B-E-G#-B-E). I think the chords ar just A, B, C#m, and E. If you have one, try it on a 12 string.

Bill

Music Junkie

Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:23 pm

haoli25 wrote:
MJ it is played in Open E tuning (E-B-E-G#-B-E). I think the chords ar just A, B, C#m, and E. If you have one, try it on a 12 string.

Bill
No, no 12-string here. Don't know enough about em' yet to get a bad enough case of the wants....lol

I am sure as I progress on this site that will change...lol

Thanks for the info!

B)

Music Junkie

Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:25 pm

AndyT wrote:
MJ, Your choice of words is so amazing it has brought me to tears.
Yeah, I can have that effect on people sometimes. It is one of my better qualities. Course, that is not helping my case though, is it.... :P

AndyT

Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:58 am

:ohmy:
Well, just keep on practicing then.

heyjoe

Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:09 am

loving the campfire versions..finally something I can play all the way through.

Just need to go to camp, and start a fire now (not in the pyromaniac sense of the word, you understand!).

Joe

haoli25

Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:50 pm

Los Angeles has a campfire right now big enough for all of us to sit around. :laugh:

quincy451

Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:40 pm

kirbySfan wrote:
There are a lot of sites on YouTube teaching “campfire” versions of songs. In my opinion it would be better to teach songs using intermediate or advanced level techniques, e.g. melody and strumming together.
I understand where you are coming from. You come here for more advanced techniques like fingerstyle guitar. Me too. But it is nice to kick out a song within minutes of seeing it for the first time versus spending hours trying to get your fingers...to yes go that way...no don't go that way type of thing.

And some of the youtube efforts for campfire leave a lot to be desired for that. Example...I once saw a site off of youtube where a song had the chords written out in crayon and scanned in. I could no more read it than fly. And if I couild the lyrics was left for the reader to workout. Which makes timing of chord changes also something for the reader to work out. I left in disgust.

Niel at this point I think is hardwired to be clear and concise.

My last word on this subject. If you want a free pdf book of about 50 of these go here:
http://home.comcast.net/~badguitar/site/

Not as good as having Neil walk you through it. But at least the book is a well done effort.

BigBear

Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:46 pm

haoli25 wrote:
Los Angeles has a campfire right now big enough for all of us to sit around. :laugh:

You bring the wienies and I'll bring the 'smores!!! :lol:

Chasplaya

Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:51 pm

BigBear wrote:
haoli25 wrote:

You bring the wienies and I'll bring the 'smores!!! :lol:
'Throw another log on the fire , bake me up some bacon and some beans', reminds me of the movie 'Blazing Saddles' lol

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic