Campfire Versions

suziko

Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:17 am

Not sure this is the best thread for this question but since we're no longer able to comment on individual videos, this seemed like the best place.

I'm working on Take Me Home, Country Roads. Easy enough song, but the part I was unsure of Neil kind of breezes over in the video. What is the transition from the chorus to the bridge? Do you keep up the same strum pattern? Play Em and D for one stroke each, then resume the regular strum patter? I'm sure there are a million ways to do it, but as a newbie I'd love a good recommendation that I can at least follow for now (and improvise upon later). Thanks to all!

BRBbrb

Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:49 am

suziko wrote:
Not sure this is the best thread for this question but since we're no longer able to comment on individual videos, this seemed like the best place.

I'm working on Take Me Home, Country Roads. Easy enough song, but the part I was unsure of Neil kind of breezes over in the video. What is the transition from the chorus to the bridge? Do you keep up the same strum pattern? Play Em and D for one stroke each, then resume the regular strum patter? I'm sure there are a million ways to do it, but as a newbie I'd love a good recommendation that I can at least follow for now (and improvise upon later). Thanks to all!
@suzi; like the new avatar, you have a lovely family. Anyway; I can't find the complete lesson, but usually a good transition would be a walk-down on the bass (bum,bum,bum).

suziko

Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:54 am

Thanks, Barb! It was nice to get a picture of the three of us (and not when we're sweaty or rumpled!).

The video is a new one, a Campfire Version, I believe. I'll give the bass run a try. I'm working on that in Lodi anyway! :)

BRBbrb

Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:20 am

suziko wrote:
Thanks, Barb! It was nice to get a picture of the three of us (and now when we're sweaty or rumpled!).

The video is a new one, a Campfire Version, I believe. I'll give the bass run a try. I'm working on that in Lodi anyway! :)
Haha; I know it takes a dozen pics to get one good one. Hope it works out, just do what you like best, can't go wrong w/ John Denver! I'm walking the talk now trying to play Rhiannon uggh - soo easy, yet soo hard :(

suziko

Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:29 am

I've got a feeling Rhiannon is still WAY beyond my ability. Maybe after a few more months of Target :) And if only I could sing like Stevie Nicks! Swoon.....

BRBbrb

Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:31 am

suziko wrote:
I've got a feeling Rhiannon is still WAY beyond my ability. Maybe after a few more months of Target :) And if only I could sing like Stevie Nicks! Swoon.....
I've loved her since high school; my kids get tired of me watching her videos, going to her website, quoting her... lol

suziko

Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:35 am

I hear you. Stevie Nicks, Debbie Harry, Chrissy Hynde... they just don't make female icons the same way these days!

NKenny

Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:29 pm

I like all the Free campfire songs and I realize that doing this will hopefully get more Target paying members. But as a paying Target member now, I would like more complete versions of the songs. I'm sure in the future Neil will be working hard to get those detailed songs to us. This is a great learning site and everyone at TG is doing a fantastic job.

Thank you Kenny

neverfoundthetime

Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:45 pm

I like all the Free campfire songs and I realize that doing this will hopefully get more Target paying members.
Jeez! Did you finish all the Target songs already Kenny? :-)

NKenny

Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:59 pm

No not even close, just that I saw a some campfire songs I would like to know more about. I know I have to be patient,I guess I'm from that want it yesterday generation. Trying to sloooooow down.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic