How much do you play?

karl01

Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:39 pm

:blink: Just wondering how many hours a day you play guitar. How much time spent learning new songs, scales, riffs etc. vs just playing stuff you already know. My wife say I play too much now that I joined this site.

Karl

haoli25

Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:49 pm

Karl, when all else fails, LIE! Tell your wife that Oprah says you should be playing at least 6 hours a day. :laugh:

Chasplaya

Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:36 pm

karl01 wrote:
:blink: Just wondering how many hours a day you play guitar. How much time spent learning new songs, scales, riffs etc. vs just playing stuff you already know. My wife say I play too much now that I joined this site.

Karl
This is a phenomenon sweeping the Globe right now the medical profession call it WifeTGitis

terrynewton

Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:00 am

Karl,

Great question. I practice almost every evening from about 10:00PM to Midnight. That is why I am on the site now. Checking things out before I start and thought I would let you know what I do. Well---------it's time to hit "Classical Gas for another two hours. I hope to post it the next week some time.

Terry

Chasplaya

Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:25 am

It may appear to some that I spend every wakening hour on this site , but thats not quite true. I have been off work lately and nothing else to do but spend my time here. Normal useage would be significantly less. Time on Guitar varies depending on what I'm learning. Minimum an hour a day.

BigBear

Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:02 am

karl01 wrote:

Karl

Good question Karl! I play a minimum of 1 hour per day to a max of 3 hours (depending on if there is anything good on the idiot box!) Weekends I try to get 2-3 hours per day.

I have a little ritual where I start with 25% of my practice session on scales and leads. Then I spend 50% on TARGET songs I'm working on (usually about 6), then the last 25% is on new stuff that usually isn't related to TARGET or may be songs over my head like Windy and Warm, Classical Gas or Romanza.

If I have extra time, I play my old favorites just to keep up on them but with TARGET I have so many new favorites I've been neglecting my old stuff, especially those old Am ballads that put people to sleep!

And don't piss off the wife! Someday you may want a new guitar!! LOL! :lol:

Cheers!!

AndyT

Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:03 am

I play about 1/2 hour a day. I should play more but after some of the days I have, I just need to kick back and chill. Slowly, my guitar is getting me to that relaxation point though. Soon it will start to be very relaxing to play and then it will be difficult to get me to stop!

Chasplaya

Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:17 am

AndyT wrote:
I play about 1/2 hour a day. I should play more but after some of the days I have, I just need to kick back and chill. Slowly, my guitar is getting me to that relaxation point though. Soon it will start to be very relaxing to play and then it will be difficult to get me to stop!
The way your post count is climbing I'm surprised you spend anytime playing at all ROTFLMAO

AndyT

Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:37 am

Yeah, I feel guilty about that a bit. This forum is my relaxation at the end of the day.

Chasplaya

Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:39 am

AndyT wrote:
Yeah, I feel guilty about that a bit. This forum is my relaxation at the end of the day.
You do realise this is a case of the pot calling the kettle black don't you?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic