Favourite Beer

Chasplaya

Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:27 pm

This was suggested so here it is.

An old favourite of mine was a combination of an Indian Pale Ale and a Sweet stout approx 50 -50, called a Black and Tan. Now the Beers were Tennents Sweet Stout and the Ale was possibly a 70/- one can't recall the company, both Scottish though.

Here in NZ my favourite at present has to be Speights Old Dark. Speights is a South Island brewer and the name is humourously said to mean
S = Superior,
P = Piss,
E = Enjoyed,
I = In,
G = Good,
H = Hotels,
T = Throughout,
S = Southland (South Island province)

BRBbrb

Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:56 pm

Never heard of those Chas; I think here in the States it's probably Budweiser that tops the list. Michelob, Heinekin & Corona are big too! I like Heineken myself.

Lavallee

Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:06 pm

One of my favorite is Yeungling lager, a very refreshing amber beer, made in Philadelphia. We also have a decent one in Canada called Rickards Red. However the best one I had is Guiness Extra cold (2 degrees lower than the regular) but in Dublin,Ireland. I tried it in many places after but the beer does not seems to travel well.

Marc

BRBbrb

Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:36 pm

Lavallee wrote:
One of my favorite is Yeungling lager, a very refreshing amber beer, made in Philadelphia. We also have a decent one in Canada called Rickards Red. However the best one I had is Guiness Extra cold (2 degrees lower than the regular) but in Dublin,Ireland. I tried it in many places after but the beer does not seems to travel well.

Marc
Sounds good & I do like amber beers; esp. O'Douls - JK :)

BRBbrb

Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:38 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
This was suggested so here it is.

An old favourite of mine was a combination of an Indian Pale Ale and a Sweet stout approx 50 -50, called a Black and Tan. Now the Beers were Tennents Sweet Stout and the Ale was possibly a 70/- one can't recall the company, both Scottish though.

Here in NZ my favourite at present has to be Speights Old Dark. Speights is a South Island brewer and the name is humourously said to mean
S = Superior,
P = Piss,
E = Enjoyed,
I = In,
G = Good,
H = Hotels,
T = Throughout,
S = Southland (South Island province)
Think it means you've had to many! ROFL

BigBear

Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:25 pm

My favorite beer in the world is Pilsner Urquell, the original Czech pilsner. Second favorite is Spaten Oktoberfest or any of the other Muenchen (Munich) Oktoberfest beers!

Oregon has a huge microbrew industry and there are many great ones, but as good as they are I can't find one I like better than the top two!!

Cheers!! :cheer:

BigBear

Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:37 pm

Bear,

I'm with you on Pilsner Urquell. That and Anchor Steam are why I gave up brewing to start practicing more!

Neil

AcousticAl

Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:45 pm

I don't know how much to trust stuff like this on the net- but here's a study from 2004 on beer consumption by country:
http://snippets.com/how-much-does-beer- ... ountry.htm

I would have thought Canada would have been higher up. I'm doing my part to push us higher! :)

Chasplaya

Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:03 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
I don't know how much to trust stuff like this on the net- but here's a study from 2004 on beer consumption by country:
http://snippets.com/how-much-does-beer- ... ountry.htm

I would have thought Canada would have been higher up. I'm doing my part to push us higher! :)

Al you really need to try harder then:

How about this survey :

http://www.nationmaster.com/red/graph/f ... onsumption

AcousticAl

Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:06 pm

When in Canada, give these a whirl, Shirl..

Sleeman's No.20
Sleeman's India Pale ale
Keith's
Creemore
Steamwhistle

I used to like Rickard's when they had a pale ale- but they changed it to White for some reason. I can't get into drinking beer with an orange rind in it!

Imports I like-
Corona with lime on a hot day
Stella Artois
**Chimay- You have to try this. Brewed by Cistercian Trappist monks of Chimay (Belgium) since the 1800's. Amazing beer!!

Comments Andy?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic