My Life in Cars a pictorial History in Reverse

TGMatt

Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:33 pm

And now for a real classic..this car I loved, if I get another and I will , it will be the lightweight CSL version..but this car was truly beautiful, somwhat aston martinish from the back quarter..and an amazing engine note..

The guy who bought her from me, posted me a set of photos (mine was actually teh same silver as the Bond DB5)describing his new aquisition as Helga...he was smitten too..these cares have some bad rust issues in the fron quarters, but what a shape..

TGMatt

Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:45 pm

Here it is..in white not the silver mine was in Image

neverfoundthetime

Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:29 am

All the time I am NOT playing the guitar im working..
Glad to here you do something else apart from hard work Matt! Don't get me wrong, we're all thankful for TG, but here's food for thought:
Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, who spent much of her later life helping those who were dying, said and I'm paraphrasing here: "People would say they wish they had done this or that or visited this place or other or told so and so, I love you, but no one ever said, I'd wish I'd worked more".
But she probably drove a Porsche ;)

TGMatt

Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:00 pm

Some of these are off in date order..but Ill try an dget most of them right as I continue the journey..

Golf Gti - A true classic..the first really really great small hot hatch...Golf ball as the gearshift lever...just a cracker.. Image

TGMatt

Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:03 pm

This car AMericans wont have seen...A Mitsubishi Cordia Turbo..I bought this car and on the way home that night from the dealer someone ran into the back of me..no Joke..

Quick car for its time, but front wheel drive and just had MAd MAd issues transferring the power through the front tires.. Image

TGMatt

Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:08 pm

Mitsubishi Sigma Wagon...another not to be seen by AMericans car...this car I had Maverick written on the back with Huge letters and a picture of an f14...

At the time I was very much into Fighter Jets..and the idea that I was in fact more Maverick than Tom Cruise..

I also worked for a guy at the time who ran the competition department for Chrysler in Australia..he was an engineers engineer, so good they flew him to Japan to work on Mitsubishi STarions to race....they gave him a BMW M3 as a bonus..those crazy japanese even knew then that the best were German..! Image

TGMatt

Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:13 pm

Ok...

Car guys...Listen Up....You are not a car Guy truly until you have owned at least one Alfa Romeo..

Mine was a clover leaf Sud...at the time, the best handling small car on the planet, and the best sounding....just simply amazing..

Now on the downside..Imboard discs..and the fact they were all dipped in seawater before being painted meant that it literally rusted away whilst I was driving it, but oh what a car...Anyone want to sell me theirs ??.... Image

Chasplaya

Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:57 am

TGMatt wrote:
Ok...

Car guys...Listen Up....You are not a car Guy truly until you have owned at least one Alfa Romeo..

Mine was a clover leaf Sud...at the time, the best handling small car on the planet, and the best sounding....just simply amazing..

Now on the downside..Imboard discs..and the fact they were all dipped in seawater before being painted meant that it literally rusted away whilst I was driving it, but oh what a car...Anyone want to sell me theirs ??.... Image
I had the model that came along after the Sud the Alfa 33 awesome little car Boxer engine meant tons of power very quickly, but typical Italian crap electrical work and yup rust. A real drivers car though.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic