My Life in Cars a pictorial History in Reverse

TGMatt

Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:51 pm

Well that is it for the USA I think..

Next Few posts I will start tommorrow If I get a few moments will be from Australia and on...

6string

Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:22 am

TGMatt wrote:
You seem to be having a good life.:)

Chasplaya

Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:26 am

6string wrote:
TGMatt wrote:
You seem to be having a good life.:)
A damn fine life, tell us your secret Matt.

TGMatt

Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:33 am

Hard hard work, lots and lots of risk, hard work, travel, study, hard work, study, travel, sacrifice, hard work..no kids.travel, hard work , partnerships, creativity, hard work, lots of failure, lots of failure, ,more hard work and more risk taking, some smart investment, some bad investment, more hard work..did I mention hard work ?..

And along the way, great support from some great people, some great loyal staff, a bunch who now ply some of their trade here at TG, and an over riding never quit attitude coupled with some pig headedness, and single mindedness, and a desire to never work for anyone else...

Maybe I will share some more stuff later if people really want to learn from my journey, good and bad..

Chasplaya

Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:41 am

TGMatt wrote:
Hard hard work, lots and lots of risk, hard work, travel, study, hard work, study, travel, sacrifice, hard work..no kids.travel, hard work , partnerships, creativity, hard work, lots of failure, lots of failure, ,more hard work and more risk taking, some smart investment, some bad investment, more hard work..did I mention hard work ?..

And along the way, great support from some great people, some great loyal staff, a bunch who now ply some of their trade here at TG, and an over riding never quit attitude coupled with some pig headedness, and single mindedness, and a desire to never work for anyone else...

Maybe I will share some more stuff later if people really want to learn from my journey, good and bad..
Well thats me screwed got kids lol!!

6string

Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:53 am

Chasplaya wrote:

Well thats me screwed got kids lol!!
Me too. Also I just don't have the energy, I think the energy thing is a gift.

cosmicmechanic

Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:13 am

Hi Matt,

Thanks for a heartfelt answer ... glad that you've been rewarded for your efforts,
and hope you will continue. All things considered, studying counts, but it's finding what to do with it, isn't it?

AndyT

Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:51 am

LMBO! I so want to post a picture of our car. A 99 Dodge Stratus that we got free when we moved back to Hawaii. It needs lots of love and paint. The sun here has literally blistered the paint off the car. But no rust.

Its my work car. I can go to any neighborhood and not worry about it.

heyjoe

Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:56 am

Hi Matt

I'm green with envy at your car collection/history, we definitely need to know more about how you acquired so many of them...how's about a section on TG, Matts guide to getting more cars than you'll ever need and becoming an internet star...I'd definitely read it.

Lovely cars, I'd love to own a Porsche one day-would have to be a 911 though, who knows, maybe I will. Nice M3 as well, I had a 3 series the same shape, great cars.

I'm with top gear's Richard Hammond on Porsches, they should only make 911's, you go into the showroom and the first question they should ask is..what colour would you like:laugh:

I know theres a few bikers on here, just wondered, are you a biker as well?

TGMatt

Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:50 am

Im wearing a Triumph tr6 tshirt right now, Mcqueen era , one of my hereos, Porsche driver, Triumph bike lover, Rolex daytona lover..Ill put some more pics up soon..of cars back through time..Top gear is the BOMB..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic