Skydiving is fun - try it. :)

sl83

Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:36 am

I've been twice. A tandem here in the states and a solo with 2 jump instructors on either side of me in Poland.

Lots of fun :) Here's a vid from like 2 years ago.

[video type=youtube]dNsLFPa0TF4[/video]

AcousticAl

Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:35 am

That's crazy stuff!!

I should see if they need another shooter. That cameraman was annoying!

B)

BigBear

Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:57 am

That vid asks the age-old question, why would anyone jump OUT of a perfectly good airplane!! :lol:

neverfoundthetime

Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:17 pm

One of my students is a skydiver. 12 years ago he made jump nr. 500 and something but the chute didn't open. The reserve chute got tangled and didn't open. He plunged to the ground but had the presence of mind to steer himself to the woods. He plummeted through all the trees and landed, standing on his feet and very much alive. He didn't realise he was still alive until some time later when the ground crew found him, to their and his amazement, safe and sound. He went straight up and jumped again.
Why would anyone do that of their own free will?!:ohmy:

Chasplaya

Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:20 am

Its an awesome feeling I've done static line jumps great experience but its a case been there done that bought the Tshirt got the video now move on and don't go there again !!

BigBear

Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:11 am

Like a wise old man once said, "Only two things fall out of the sky, bird poop and fools!".

Seriously, I'll bet it's a real rush! They'd need one of those tank parachutes for my fat butt!! Oh well!! :lol:

Chasplaya

Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:23 am

BigBear wrote:
Like a wise old man once said, "Only two things fall out of the sky, bird poop and fools!".

Seriously, I'll bet it's a real rush! They'd need one of those tank parachutes for my fat butt!! Oh well!! :lol:
I hear NASA has some left over Apollo capsule recovery chutes on ebay lol

BigBear

Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:29 am

Chasplaya wrote:
BigBear wrote:

That may be almost big enough! See I have this aversion to hitting anything hard at terminal velocity!! :lol:

Chasplaya

Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:38 am

BigBear wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:
BigBear wrote:

That may be almost big enough! See I have this aversion to hitting anything hard at terminal velocity!! :lol:
Yep everyone has it wrong its not the falling thats the problem its the abrupt halt at the end :laugh:

AndyT

Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:17 am

In the Army, they threw us out of the back of the plane. We were told that dinner was on the ground and we had to jump if we wanted to eat.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic