FOR LISA..(lmc8350

willem

Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:40 am

for you than..

heyjoe

Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:30 am

Just wondered, is "chasing pavements" some sort of urban youth slang or colloquialism for something else, just it makes no sense to me, on many levels...why would you chase a pavement? Pavements are stationary, so why the need to chase them, they don't move...or am I just creating a new form of literal madness....literal madness, now theres an interesting band name

time for the tablets I think :laugh:

willem

Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:40 am

heyjoe wrote:
Just wondered, is "chasing pavements" some sort of urban youth slang or colloquialism for something else, just it makes no sense to me, on many levels...why would you chase a pavement? Pavements are stationary, so why the need to chase them, they don't move...or am I just creating a new form of literal madness....literal madness, now theres an interesting band name

time for the tablets I think :laugh:

WAIT WITH THE TABLETS JOE,maybe Lisa know's it/ i do know it's also a road!!

parteeguy

Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:01 am

"Chasing Pavements" refers to an incident that occurred at 6AM one day after a fight with that person during which Adele was running down the street alone. She thought to herself "What is it you're chasing? You're chasing an empty pavement."

willem

Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:11 am

parteeguy wrote:
"Chasing Pavements" refers to an incident that occurred at 6AM one day after a fight with that person during which Adele was running down the street alone. She thought to herself "What is it you're chasing? You're chasing an empty pavement."

Thanks Guy,now we know whats she singing, hope Joe haven't take his tablets!!!

lmc831

Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:11 am

When I first heard this song, I thought what in the world is "Chasing Pavements" mean...Then a lightbulb overcame me and it hit me...just another Love song...wish I could write a hit song as off beat as this...still love it. thanks Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic