Call out for new forum topics..

TGMatt

Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:52 pm

Hey all

So Id like to expand the categories here to post that are music related..

Suggestions for new categories..

I have a couple to start the list

(1) Music Jokes
(2) Bass Guitar
(3) electric Guitar
(4) Ukeleles
(5) Percusion instruments
(6) Wind instruments
(7) Jazz
(8) Blues
(9) ???

AndyT

Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:59 pm

Looks good Matt. I would have a few separate categories for different styles of music.

TGMatt

Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:03 pm

Give me the examples mate..

AndyT

Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:14 pm

Blues,
Hard Rock,
Classic Rock,
Dixieland,
Bluegrass,
Country,
Classical...

Chasplaya

Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:14 pm

A couple of thought to begin with:

Personally I'd group non guitar instruments in one area not separate categories, after all its a guitar site.

Within guitar related topics you could have the different genres e.g. Country, Bluegrass, Southern delta Blues, Indigenous music.

Specific areas for the different levels people are at i.e. Beginners only Category, Intermediate Only and Advanced Only and maybe Master level. NOt to the exclusion of an open shared category though as sharing with others and exposure to exerience is very important and valued. But distinct areas are 'Safe'.

A category purely for Rhythym one for Lead, if you do one for Bass then this is a natural to have.

goldleaf

Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:22 pm

1)Methods for properly holding the guitar so the fingering hand does not support the neck. This could be worded more conscisely, but is something I struggle with and I would guess many players especially newer ones also do.
2) Types of metronomes, how to access them through your computer and best way to incorporate they into your practicing.
3) Different types of finger picking.
4) Picks, how to hold the pick and different choices of picks.
Here is a start. Gary

AndyT

Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:27 pm

Gary, I think those might all fall under a Techniques section. what do you think?

TGMatt

Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:23 am

Chas why dont you have a go at summarizing teh suggestions every 3 or 4 posts ....until we get this nailed in the next week or so..

Chasplaya

Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:56 am

TGMatt wrote:
Chas why dont you have a go at summarizing teh suggestions every 3 or 4 posts ....until we get this nailed in the next week or so..
Okey dokey :)

Chasplaya

Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:58 am

Chasplaya wrote:
A couple of thought to begin with:

Personally I'd group non guitar instruments in one area not separate categories, after all its a guitar site.

Within guitar related topics you could have the different genres e.g. Country, Bluegrass, Southern delta Blues, Indigenous music.

Specific areas for the different levels people are at i.e. Beginners only Category, Intermediate Only and Advanced Only and maybe Master level. NOt to the exclusion of an open shared category though as sharing with others and exposure to exerience is very important and valued. But distinct areas are 'Safe'.

A category purely for Rhythym one for Lead, if you do one for Bass then this is a natural to have.
Ooops now that repeat wasn't meant to happen, dunno what occurred there !!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic