Call out for new forum topics..

TGMatt

Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:30 am

Yes we may fit that in..

We are wrapping up the categories now, so we can create these sections and also introduce some new guests..so If you have suggestions now is the time to throw them in

Chas do you want to monitor and summarize again, you did a great job before

THx all.

Chasplaya

Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:54 pm

Ok Here we go Summarising whats been suggested, Main Headings in Bold and where necessary child boards with sub sets of it or brief explanation of what its about.

Musical Genres:

Folk/Celtic
Blues
Country
Bluegrass
Classic Rock
Hard Rock
Latin

Other Musical Instruments

Percusion
Brass
Strings
(this can be added to as others worthy of mentioning are identified as it could really go on and on)

Guitar Technical Issues and Discsussion e.g. Construction, woods,

Luthier for Dummies e.g Easy do it yourself repairs/tweeks

Guitar Accessories; capos , straps metronomes, tuners

TotallyGuitars Lessons Feedback

Audio Issues e.g. a place to discuss amps mics pickups cables etc

Bass Guitar

Lead Guitar

Rhythm Guitar

Guitar Software eg recording , tablature,

Guitar Reviews

Music reviews

Really Hot Guitar Tips! eg things you’ve learned that suddenly make sense or little gems to help others.

Guitar Playing Techniques
; how to hold the guitar, how to hold the pick, fingerpicking styles

The next three are for General discussion based on your current level, using Neil’s level of difficulty for the lessons

Beginners Only – Levels 1 – 3 General

Intermediate Only – Levels 4 – 7 General

Advanced Only – Levels 8 – 10 General

TGMatt

Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:26 pm

Ok this is my very last call for forum topics..I have been underground last few days as I work on some stuff for Target and TG and of course the forum, so if their is a category you want to recommend then pls speak up now..

Cheers

heyjoe

Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:09 am

I don't know if this is too late, as I've just thought of it.

I'm not sure where such a thing would go, and I've neber seen it on a guitar forum, and it's not purely guitar related but something Matt wrote got me thinking about it.

Would it be possible to have a section devoted to things you can do to improve your guitar playing that don't actually include playing the guitar...things like positive affirmations, self visualisations, success programming (Matt mentioned this on song lyrics), basically things you can do to think yourself better.

It's something thats starting to interest me, is it possible to program yourself to succeed at something you are doing?

Thanks

Joe

neverfoundthetime

Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:35 am

... mail me any time on that stuff Joe... it's my daily work. Happy to oblige...

heyjoe

Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:17 pm

will take you up on that offer sometime soon Chris, thanks for the offer.:)

goldleaf

Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:45 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
goldleaf wrote:
Andy, they may all fall under guitar techniques as an overall heading. As long as each one is addressed in a clear manner so others would be able to recognize it as available information. In other words if someone had questions about the proper way to hold the guitar and could easily find the discussion related to that, it would work for me. Gary
Gary,

Each Category can be further subdivided into 'Child Boards' which is one way, and I'm sure you may have noticed each category can have different Threads. So I would say topics which fall under a broad heading might be best there. I understand what you say, but the idea of the category is to post relevant topics/questions by members which can be easily found and answered by Neil or a member of the team. If we had a huge long category list this might present problems.

As I am gathering this info I shall point out what you have said to the TG team.
Chas & Andy, however the list of subjects is best catagorized, I would leave to those working out the details, I was simply suggesting some topics I think would be of interest to me and others. I thought that is what Matt was asking for mates. Gary

goldleaf

Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:56 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
Ok Here we go Summarising whats been suggested, Main Headings in Bold and where necessary child boards with sub sets of it or brief explanation of what its about.

Musical Genres:

Folk/Celtic
Blues
Country
Bluegrass
Classic Rock
Hard Rock
Latin

Other Musical Instruments

Percusion
Brass
Strings
(this can be added to as others worthy of mentioning are identified as it could really go on and on)

Guitar Technical Issues and Discsussion e.g. Construction, woods,

Luthier for Dummies e.g Easy do it yourself repairs/tweeks

Guitar Accessories; capos , straps metronomes, tuners

TotallyGuitars Lessons Feedback

Audio Issues e.g. a place to discuss amps mics pickups cables etc

Bass Guitar

Lead Guitar

Rhythm Guitar

Guitar Software eg recording , tablature,

Guitar Reviews

Music reviews

Really Hot Guitar Tips! eg things you’ve learned that suddenly make sense or little gems to help others.

Guitar Playing Techniques
; how to hold the guitar, how to hold the pick, fingerpicking styles

The next three are for General discussion based on your current level, using Neil’s level of difficulty for the lessons

Beginners Only – Levels 1 – 3 General

Intermediate Only – Levels 4 – 7 General

Advanced Only – Levels 8 – 10 General
Chas, I like the concept especially the things in BOLD under "Other Musical Instruments", I would be interested in most all of those mentioned and I think it is good basic information for most, from beginners to advanced, good job. Gary

goldleaf

Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:16 pm

AndyT wrote:
Gary, I'm pretty sure that's the whole idea.
Andy, I would agree with you that,that would be one of the basic goals of designing the format for listing all the subjects. I was just responding to Matts repeted request of "give me examples mate" so I listed a few examples I thought would be of interest. How those would be organized? I have faith in the TG team to work through that aspect. Your friend, Gary

TGMatt

Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:46 pm

Thx for all your assistance all..

We are actually going to start the first restructure tommorow andd we are also adding a section to deal with the mind power section..and some products .

I have some stuff up my sleeves their for Target members and yes Chris and I will be talking..

Also finally we will be getting to the moderator issue this week

Thx for your pacience all..

Cheers

Matt

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic