What ?..Not guitar music - No but we still love it

TGMatt

Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:13 pm

I was driving across Arizona and flicking between tunes on my Iphone..and stumbled across Jean Michelle Jarre...

Now I realize Neil will hate this stuff and some of you out their too..probably, but Im a child of the 80's music scene..and as I grew up I went clubbing...and started to fall in love with "cafe" music...(maybe electronica is a better term) that really came to prominence when the Cafe Del Mar series gained traction (the chill out rooms to come down of your drugs created a genre of music), then extended into the Budha bar series, and bands like Thievery Corporation, Lemon Jelly, Air, Daft Punk and Royksopp...and plenty others..some of you have heard this stuff and dont even realise what it is or who it is..Geico commercials and Nike commericals come to mind, Brian Eno (U2 producer) and Art of Noise were some of the earlier proponents..Its not all keyboards..far from it..no rules seems to be the order of the day but it has a softer nature..slower beats, keyboard base..mix up the singers, sometimes no singers etc..

We love our guitar music and some of us..like this stuff too..so sit back , open your mind, and chill out..after all that is why this stuff was created..

Share it here..I will start with some familiar stuff... Heres Royksopp...the one you know...and perhaps the one you dont ....

[video type=youtube][/video]

TGMatt

Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:41 pm

Jean Michelle Jarre..

Now I was introduced to this music and him through teh movie Gallipoli, If you havent seen this flick do yourself a favour and rent it..you will see a young Mel Gibson, Peter Wier directs and Jarre did the soundtrack..The movie is just a great story..and part of Australian Legend..

TGMatt

Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:43 pm

Lemon Jelly...Look out for your town..dont diss the ducks and check out the guitar lick ...

TGMatt

Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:49 pm

a thousand commercials launched by one album...Moby became the poster child for this type of electornica..from commercials to the latest James Bond soundtrack...heres and early and a later tune

TGMatt

Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:01 pm

Hooverphonic..My dark horse...

And heres a dub from the 50's..who can guess...???.."no more sweet music"

One of my favourites...Ginger

TGMatt

Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:03 pm

Aghhh Spain...the island of IBIZA..the birth of the super club..the birth of chill out rooms, the birth of Cafe del Mar...

TGMatt

Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:06 pm

This is a guitar song !!!!!!!!...

Thankyou Budha bar...for intoruding me to this song.....

TGMatt

Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:09 pm

Brian Eno....Grandfather ........can u hear some u2 ???

TGMatt

Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:13 pm

Art of Noise...earlier pioneers

TGMatt

Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:19 pm

Daft Punk...I dare you to turn this up on a saturday afternoon and see yourself feeling good..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic