Can someone 'splain the Newsletter Titles to me?

scooterboy

Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:33 pm

I really like the site and the newsletters, but I don't understand something: the titles don't seem to have anything to do with the content of the newsletters.

Last newsletter, the title was "The passing of an icon and the impact they had as a group". When I saw that title, I thought "Wow - who passed away? What group?" I open up the newsletter email, and...nothing. Not one word about who died.

Today, the new newsletter email is titled "Premature mistake... who spotted it?". Again, I open it up, and again, not a word explaining the title. What was the premature mistake? Why wasn't it explained inside the newsletter?

Is it me? If I'm missing something, please fill me in!

helloworld

Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:36 pm

I was wondering the same thing.

mcfingers

Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:39 pm

I am a little baffled by the titles too. I figured that last week was about Mary Travers who past away due to her Leukemia. So, Peter, Paul and Mary would be the group referenced.
As for this week, I have no clue.

Cheers, Steve

scooterboy

Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:49 pm

mcfingers wrote:
I am a little baffled by the titles too. I figured that last week was about Mary Travers who past away due to her Leukemia. So, Peter, Paul and Mary would be the group referenced.
I figured that out as well, but only after I heard the news on TV. But I had read the newsletter before that and couldn't find any info inside.

And I STILL have no idea what the "premature mistake" is.

Music Junkie

Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:12 pm

Been wondering the same thing ever since they started coming out......

When I get the e-mail and see the title, I get excited. Then, when I start reading them, the info has nothing to do with the title.......

:(

TGMatt

Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:09 pm

lol..

The first headline last week was a double mistake..

In our rush to get it out, the translation of it was lost over the phone, so it read badly, and the second part was that the News item, was presented in the weekly wrap up video rather than the newsletter..

The second headline this week was designed to pique curiosity in the mistake..which some folk here have rightly guessed..

Interestingly the open rate increased almost 12% ....

next weeks headline in advance ....."turtle rescued by flying saucer"...

helloworld

Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:46 am

lol, and the article will be all about The Birds?

TGMatt

Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:32 pm

Yes the birds the birds..

I will try and get a better and more relevant header up next time.. running too fast sometimes..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic