If we ran a live show what would you like to see ?

TGMatt

Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:16 pm

As those of you know from the live show this week, Neil and and I discussed the plans for us to "tour" around the globe for Target members..

Now we are in our really really early phases here..but to get some feedback started on the premise of what we intend to do i would love to see some ideas on what you would love to see happen..

TO set the stage..anyone in The Target program will be able to attend these sessions at present as part of your Target program.. they will be a part of your program fee in its present setting..

We would be starting in California as a test , then cycling around the USA and when we can arrange to get it overseas we will be doing so as well..

The show would be a day of learning with Neil, we would try and get together for lunch and socialize... we would probably run these in a hotel , people will have to find their own way to the show and obviously pay their hotel fees, although we will endeavor to begin a negotiation with anywhere we go for them to supply a discount ..

Obviously we would need to create some kind of draw or competition to run a hot seat whereby folks can come up the front and get some real one on one in front of the group..

We want to do some stuff where everyone plays a long etc etc..

We want to film the events, and we may end up streaming them to other Target members in otehr parts of the world..

So thats the bones of the idea subject to change obviously but essentially our idea is to have one of these somewhere every month if we can as we get going..

So ideas welcome...

Cheers

thereshopeyet

Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:34 pm

I think this is a very fun idea. If one came to Colorado, I'd go out of my way to attend.

Some ideas (some of which you've already mentioned)
-- Stream each one so other members can watch
-- The live lesson -- even watching -- of real, interactive feedback would be great and very instructive.
-- Pre-loading questions much like you do with the current TG Live streams would prime the pump
-- AND having an opportunity to spontaneously ask questions would be great
-- It would be fun to have Neil play a set, for us all to just sit back and soak in
-- A TG Members Open Mic, where members could play just so others could enjoy
-- This could lead to TG Members Best-Of DVD/CD compilation from all of the live events
-- This of course is a great recruiting opportunity, possibly giving away a Target membership to attendees in a raffle
-- incentives for existing members to bring & sign-up a friend...?
-- I'd love to meet more guitar players at my stage of play in my area, so the social aspect appeals as well. I'm definitely looking for folks to play some music with.

Looking forward to it! :)

TGMatt

Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:38 pm

Yes we may open the doors to Non Target members for a samll fee if and only If their are enough seats left over after the Target folk...

BigBear

Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:27 am

Matt- I would lobby for a series of mini-festivals. They would be two day events. A non-hosted bar and "meet and greet" plus open play on Friday night for early arrivals. Then beginning Saturday am for breakfast and a roundtable with Neil and crew. Then we would break out into smaller groups with Neil or other instructors as available. Maybe a beginners and intermediate group. We could have homework for the afternoon and Neil and crew could monitor and make corrections as needed.

Then a group dinner, nothing fancy, with discussions and maybe a little mini-concert by Neil playing his stuff. After dinner would be the Campfire. The focal point of the weekend. Jamming time where all the members could get together and play until our fingers bled! Just playing and singing! Target songs could be the base but all songs welcome. Could go into the wee hours if we were having fun.

Breakfast the next morning, another short session with Neil and then some open time for practice or jamming. People could leave to catch planes or for the drive back as needed.

The reason for the two day format is that it is too expensive to fly or drive somehwere for just one day. This day and a half format gives a good dose of everything; Neil instruction, practice time and jamming with friends!

If this format worked, I could see members going to multiple events just to meet other members. Everything filmed and posted to see who can have the most fun! Start out with one TG Festival every six to nine months and see how they are attended.

Cheers! :cheer:

TGMatt

Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:14 am

for the purposes of this conversation let's stick to one day.. the camp or multiple day event we have considered but for now that will be on back burner .. the ideas are good.. what we are doing now is looking at a day a month of our time and cost to support target folk everywhere .. so let's try and see what we can make a day of first..

keep the ideas coming all

helloworld

Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:22 am

Wow, that's awesome news! Glad I live in California.

I would really like to work on timing. I think some timing exercises would be wonderful. It's one of the most important aspects of playing well, but one thats difficult to monitor if your a new/semi-new player, playing on your own.

I like bigbear's idea of going over material, having time to practice it, and then getting constructive criticism after having some time to practice. Perhaps there could even be some warm up material on the website before the event.

A little mixer at the end of the day would also be cool.

Music Junkie

Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:47 am

Matt:

Really liking this idea! What a great way to get to know you guys on a more personal level, and to get some live teachings as well. I live down here in Ventura (just a nice drive down the coast for you guys....lol). Plus we have an Ojai dude that would dig it as well.

I am sure you would need to regionalize it somewhat so you guys are not traveling TOO much, and so it is as convenient for as many as possible. Keep us posted!

MJ

B)

helloworld

Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:15 am

Fresno, CA is right smack dab in the center of California, making it a good choice for locations. The fact that I live in Fresno is purely coincidental and not influencing my suggestion in any way. ;)

helloworld

Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:29 am

Are there really enough TG members to fill a large room in any one city?

neverfoundthetime

Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:56 am

...I'm moving to California....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic