The "official Aussie" Music thread

TGMatt

Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:57 am

Not sure I posted this yet but the Church were and are one of my all time favs/.,,just went and tracked down teh greatest hits cd's here so I could have em..

here is Reptile

dennisg

Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:31 am

That's very interesting that "football, meat pies, kangaroos, and Holden cars" jingle -- because it's identical to an ad campaign that ran in America for Chevy. It went "Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie, and Chevrolet."

- Dennis

dennisg

Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:36 am

TGMatt wrote:
This one is just something I play occasionally when I get a little retrospective

It looks like an incredibly beautiful country. I hope to get there someday.

- Dennis

Chasplaya

Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:26 pm

dennisg wrote:
That's very interesting that "football, meat pies, kangaroos, and Holden cars" jingle -- because it's identical to an ad campaign that ran in America for Chevy. It went "Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie, and Chevrolet."

- Dennis
We get that all the time, Holden , GM same company when you follow the food chain up the ranks.

dennisg

Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:03 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
dennisg wrote:

- Dennis
We get that all the time, Holden , GM same company when you follow the food chain up the ranks.
Chas,

I had no idea. It's good to mix in an international community.

- Dennis

haoli25

Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:44 pm

Another Aussie treasure. I have always liked to watch Michael play.

Bill

tovo

Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:31 pm

Dennis' foray into country music reminded me that I meant to post a bit of Australian country. Kasey Chambers is her name.

Plus we have a lot of new members since these threads started a few months ago and seeing the Canadian one reappear reminded me that there's a lot of good music to be found in them.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic