The "official Aussie" Music thread

tovo

Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:30 pm

Guys I went to see Diesel at the Governor Hindmarsh in Adelaide on Friday night. Right in the front row and he put on such a great show. He plays with great energy and gives his all, great guitarist. The clip I'm posting is not from Friday but it's to give those you don't know him a feel. The guitar he is playing is a Diesel Maton Mini, an awesome, solid blackwood and spruce guitar made for him and now a production line offering. (yes I have one). In my humble opinion this guy never achieved the fame his talent deserved, but I guess he's not alone there. Please take a look.

reiver

Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:12 pm

That's a nice little guitar, must be handy for practicing. I like the stained finish. I think that my next but one guitar may have a sunburst finish.....it's definitely growing on me.

michelew

Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:18 pm

More John Butler - trio

The last one is particularly beautiful and amazing.

Lavallee

Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:03 pm

michelew wrote:
John Butler - this man is an amazing guitarist.

Michele, that John Butler is definitely amazing and quite innovative: slide and wawa on a 12 strings? That is a very good song, Thanks for introducing him. I will check him out

Karma for you

Marc

Lavallee

Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:12 pm

Hey Tovo not sure which guitarist you refer to, but I think the singer looks like Tim " the tool man" Taylor. :)

Marc

tovo

Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:38 am

Lavallee wrote:
Hey Tovo not sure which guitarist you refer to, but I think the singer looks like Tim " the tool man" Taylor. :)

Marc
mmm I'm not seeing the resemblance Marc. I doubt he would be thrilled to hear that! :) I take that to mean you didn't like it?

reiver

Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:26 am

michelew wrote:
John Butler - this man is an amazing guitarist.

Really liked this. Hadn't heard him before - though i did read an article on him in a mag here in the UK a few months back.

For the techies out there who consider such things interesting - he plays his 12 string as a 11 string, removing the high G because he doesn't like the highest string on the guitar ringing with the mids.......kind of the opposite of Roger McGuinn.

r

michelew

Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:47 am

Yep...I think he's OK... :silly: but you might have guessed that already.

reiver

Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:12 am

Apparently he used to make $300 a day as a busker - $300 an hour at Christmas! But you can see why.

r

Lavallee

Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:14 am

tovo wrote:
Lavallee wrote:

Marc
mmm I'm not seeing the resemblance Marc. I doubt he would be thrilled to hear that! :) I take that to mean you didn't like it?
Tovo, I like him , I just thought he looks like Tim Allen with no judgement on his performance.

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic