Most emotional Guitar playing for you ??

goldleaf

Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:21 pm

Mike, what did you think of Willy Porter? If you can find Johnny A on YouTube it pretty much a snap to drop it into our post. Barb wrote me a simple 3 step process and I was successful the first time, I'm not very computer literate but all you need to do is "copy" and "paste". But you need to find it on YouTube, at least for me to help. Gary

wrsomers

Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:52 pm

As far as Willy porter, I just watched "Moonbeam" thought it was awesome.

Mike

goldleaf

Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:46 pm

See you figured out how to download, actually copy and paste from YouTube. Gary

heyjoe

Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:33 am

My favourite guitar player for years, playing my favourite song..
..I've played it many times when I'm struggling to sleep, and it relaxes me so much.
Stevie Ray Vaughan, a true genius, sadly missed.

spinland

Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:09 pm

heyjoe wrote:
My favourite guitar player for years, playing my favourite song..
..I've played it many times when I'm struggling to sleep, and it relaxes me so much.
Stevie Ray Vaughan, a true genius, sadly missed.

SRV was one of my inspirations and yes he is sadly missed.

Chasplaya

Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:37 pm

One of the rare occasions he used the Guitar for other songs He usually played 'Lenny' on it; named Lenny after Leonora who purchased it for him. . IN 2004 this guitar was sold for $623,500. But if thats too much Custom Shop made replicas selling for apporx $18,000, i'll have half a dozen please! lol Great tune and yup sadly missed...

wiley

Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:40 pm

Chasplaya

Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:43 pm

wiley wrote:
First try at this.

Emotional? Somewhat.

Influential - oh yea!

I don't know how many of you browse the net, simply put, even playing four tables of Poker on the net can (and does) get boring. So this is one of many....
http://www.youtube.com/user/fretkillr?b ... MwWOqXWaSk

OK, somebody gonna have to teach an old man a new trick!!
I can get the url, but......
HI WIley what you've done works but I've PM'd you with instructions how to post vids that embed in the Forum. Sorry just remembered Fretkiller has disabled the ability to embed his vids... Fretkiller is quite well know on this site, a lot of us are in awe of the guys ability..

goldleaf

Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:28 pm

Mark Knopfler..My solid number 2 ...

Matt, He is one of my alltime favorites. His "Brother in Arms" CD, I can just get lost listening to his singing and the way he eases the notes out of his guitar, nothing fancy but every note adds meaning and just seems to flow from his fingers. I put the CD in my car and my wife notices 3 weeks later I'm still listening to it. Some of his other songs like "Private Investigation" are just enchanting to me. You've got great taste in excellent guitar players. Gary

Chasplaya

Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:37 pm

goldleaf wrote:
Mark Knopfler..My solid number 2 ...

Matt, He is one of my alltime favorites. His "Brother in Arms" CD, I can just get lost listening to his singing and the way he eases the notes out of his guitar, nothing fancy but every note adds meaning and just seems to flow from his fingers. I put the CD in my car and my wife notices 3 weeks later I'm still listening to it. Some of his other songs like "Private Investigation" are just enchanting to me. You've got great taste in excellent guitar players. Gary
'Private Investigation' Would be one of my all time favourites. I would love to do a vid of this (no CAM yet) I play both the Electric parts and then play the main theme on acoustic.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic