It migth get loud

Lavallee

Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:40 pm

Hi all if you have a chance, go see the " it migth get loud" movie. I went with my sons on Sunday night and at the end the 3 of them are playing a song while the generic is going through and not one person left until the ligth came up. This is no thriller movie but it allow you to understand where they are coming from and appreciate a bit more White, Page and the Edge.

Highly recommended

Marc

BRBbrb

Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:55 pm

Saw a review of it in Rolling Stone; the article author was not impressed with the U2 guy & felt the jam at the end fell a bit flat.

Lavallee

Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:03 pm

It will not be an oscar movie, I agree. The people in Rolling Stone magazine migth be a little distorted in their opinion as they were probalby expecting something dramatical or some revelation and did not find any.They, being expert in music, have a point of view that migth be a litlle technical sometimes like the regular movie critics. For me , I really enjoy watching Page showing where it all happenned.

Marc

AndyT

Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:31 pm

The problem with critics is they are so critical. If you like it then it was good.

tovo

Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:33 pm

I agree with Andy. It's not the critics that count...I think one of your US Presidents famously said that and he was right. If you like it...it's all good. Think I'll check it out.

BRBbrb

Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:44 pm

It would be worth it for Page alone! Youtube has some old, old video of him playing as a young teen on some tv show. It is very sweet; would post it here but thinking we aren't supposed to. BTW: Rolling Stone does a feature now on U2; so it's all good!

goldleaf

Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:20 pm

Barb, I'll definitely check out YouTube for those oldies, sounds awesome. Kudos for bringing it up. Gary

Chasplaya

Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:38 pm

How many Statues have ever been made for Critics!! WHo really cares about what they say.. Its like guitars personal taste at the end of the day.

BRBbrb

Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:40 pm

Don't think he was really criticizing the Edge's playing; but the fact he just wasn't a good interview - too quiet. I also read the director of the film was just over the moon that Page wanted to cooperate since he doesn't do many interviews! The other 2 guitarists from what I read were in awe to see him jam on some of his old riffs like "Whole Lotta Love"; which he said "isn't as easy as it appears".

goldleaf

Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:20 am

BRBbrb wrote:
It would be worth it for Page alone! Youtube has some old, old video of him playing as a young teen on some tv show. It is very sweet; would post it here but thinking we aren't supposed to. BTW: Rolling Stone does a feature now on U2; so it's all good!
Great idea posting Page in the Group. It was a great past when he was soooo young. Very interesting show he was on. Gary

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic