Gadgets, whats your favorite?

Vegas

Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:00 pm

I have to say I'm a gadget junkie. I have all kinds and I'm always looking for more. I have to say that my favorite one is my Tascam MP-GT1 portable guitar trainer. It plays MP3s but you can slow it down or speed it up without changing the pitch.You can also remove the guitar so you can play with it. I often use it to remove the vocals so I can hear the guitar better.

So whats your favorite gadget?

Mike

goldleaf

Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:34 pm

MikeBarney83 wrote:
I have to say I'm a gadget junkie. I have all kinds and I'm always looking for more. I have to say that my favorite one is my Tascam MP-GT1 portable guitar trainer. It plays MP3s but you can slow it down or speed it up without changing the pitch.You can also remove the guitar so you can play with it. I often use it to remove the vocals so I can hear the guitar better.

So whats your favorite gadget?

Mike

Mike is the Tascam MP-GT1 a seperate piece of equipment or does it relate to the computer? Gary

goldleaf

Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:01 pm

You need a computer to load the MP3s on to it and to charge it. Its compact and easy to use. For my electric guitar I can plug right into it and it has effects so I can match the songs that I'm playing. It also has a loop feature to go over and over the parts of the songs that give me the most trouble. Strap on some headphones and I'm good to go.

Mike

goldleaf

Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:33 am

Mike, I checked it out on Musicians Friend and read 22 reviews. Looks like a very handy learning tool, especially for learning difficult riffs. Gary.

AcousticAl

Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:15 am

MikeBarney83 wrote:
You need a computer to load the MP3s on to it and to charge it. Its compact and easy to use. For my electric guitar I can plug right into it and it has effects so I can match the songs that I'm playing. It also has a loop feature to go over and over the parts of the songs that give me the most trouble. Strap on some headphones and I'm good to go.

Mike

Sounds similar to the Micro BR that MJ and I have been going on about. I haven't put it totally through its paces yet- but what I see so far, I like. However- the audio quality does degrade when you slow down mp3s to play along. Does the tg1 do that too?

karl01

Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:34 am

I have a BOSS BR-600 I got a a second hand store. Does way more than I need but its lots of fun to Jam with or record backing tracks.

Karl

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic