Its almost MOVEMBER

terrynewton

Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:18 pm

Movember is an annual, month-long celebration of the mustache, highlighting men’s health issues - specifically prostate and testicular cancer.

I learned about Movember last year when my brother had testicular cancer. Its a way to open the door on discussions about cancers affecting men. Think of the mustache as a symbol, much like the pink ribbon is for breast cancer.

To learn more or donate go to Movember.com

Thanks
Mike

neverfoundthetime

Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:36 pm

We sadly lost Dan Fogelberg to prostrate cancer 2 years ago. These things are issues that effect the typical TG member because we are male and over 45 and moving into that risk group range. Hope you are all getting your check ups, eating fruit and veg and reducing the risk!
Just out: Coffee is a strong antioxidant. It's a good thing to take daily as it also keeps your brain working well. Well, European style coffee does... not sure about some of the slop drunk in the US of A and England though!! ;)

Info: http://www.physorg.com/news6067.html

goldleaf

Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:58 pm

Neverfound, what if we import our coffee into the US is it OK to drink then or will our brains still rot. Gary

neverfoundthetime

Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:15 pm

I guess it's the way its prepared that seems to make a difference. Boiling it and percolating washes all the crap into it. Fresh ground with not so much water pushed through it (Nespresso)seems to be healthier... well the Italian say so. They do know about food and clothes! ;) Clooney's got it sussed.

goldleaf

Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:54 pm

Darn that sounds like some good coffee or prepared the way it should be, I don't want crap in my coffee but it sounds like that's what I get unless I stop at one of the specialty coffee places. Well, I know one thing for sure, if I didn't have my crappy coffee in the morning I would be in an awful crappy mood. Gary

tovo

Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:37 pm

Movember is a great cause. My company got right into it last year, raised an impressive amount and the ladies got quite a laugh from some of the dodgiest (that's Oz for very suspect) mo's you could ever have the misfortune to see. In my role I interact with clients a lot and it's quite embarrassing actually when you have a big Wyatt Earp Mo happening! All for a good cause though.

Chasplaya

Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:41 pm

Movember is a good cause, the guys at work here usually have a bit of a competition going. As for coffee , well I buy green beans and have a roaster and roast my own and blend them, I also have an automatic machine that grinds enough per cup and it goes through a machine not unlike a commercial espresso one. Fresh coffee every cup yum!

neverfoundthetime

Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:16 am

Geeze Chas! If you applied your coffee habits to your guitar playing you'd have to construct the thing before playing! God knows how you'd sort the strings out. DO you have a name for your blend; ChasGold or something like that?
ANyway, anything that keeps us mature persons healthy and eating fresh foods is good.

BRBbrb

Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:16 am

Chasplaya wrote:
Movember is a good cause, the guys at work here usually have a bit of a competition going. As for coffee , well I buy green beans and have a roaster and roast my own and blend them, I also have an automatic machine that grinds enough per cup and it goes through a machine not unlike a commercial espresso one. Fresh coffee every cup yum!
I bought a coffee roaster a few years ago and couldn't believe how good the coffee could be. Most of my blends come from whats left when there is not enough beans of any one kind to roast so I through them together.

Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic