What is the craziest song that you ever played?

Jimmer

Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:46 am

LOL Well, my daughter gets such a kick out of "One eyed one horned Flying Purple People Eater" (she chimes in with the 'Who wears short shorts' line...) that I had to learn a rendition... :-)

Other embarrassing songs I've done in public...
Jim Croce's Roller Derby Queen and a version of Workin at the Car Wash Blues with new lyrics:

One of my part time jobs while in college back in the 70's was an asst Mgr at Mickey D's. After listening to one of my grill people complaining that he was hungry and wanted his lunch break, I came up with this:

Chorus:
You know a man of my agility
He could be eating everything in sight
Unless I get my lunch break
I guess I'll just have to wait
Till the manager leaves for the night....

All I can do is tighten my belt
Oh you just better believe that it's true
For workin at this end of the 6 foot grill
I could nearly eat a horse or two

And you can bet I'll be bitchin'
If I'm still in the kitchen
And I ain't got my break before two...
I got them ter'ble tummy clangin', belly bangin', stomach pangin'
Working at McDonald's blues...

:P

> Jimmer

AndyT

Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:50 am

I have to put in a vote for the Zoo song Neil just posted. LOL
Anyone remember the Lumberjack song? LMBO! That's a crazy one.

songman52

Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:29 am

Good stuff and good memories! Years ago a guy I met played in a hotel lounge and would often throw in "It's Me Again, Margaret!" for grins.

Bill, sometimes dignity is way overrated!

haoli25

Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:46 am

It certainly is in my case Jerry! :laugh:

heyjoe

Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:49 am

I suppose the craziest song I ever tried to learn how to play was the Van Halen song "316", some of you may know it as his lullaby song. I'm talking about the live version which morphs into his 10 minute routine of playing all his most popular solos, 10 minutes of finger tapping, arpeggios, sweep picking etc etc.

I never did learn it all the way though, but I learned certain sections, and it taught me a lot of things about playing metal guitar, thankfully the days of trying to play these things long gone!

For those of you who remember that era fondly, heres "316"

cabro

Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:00 pm

A band I was in did the music to the Beatles "Come Together" with the lyrics to Zep's "Whole Lotta Love". The guitar player would introduce the song by asking if there were any Beatles fans in the crowd, then ask if there were any Zeppelin fans in the crowd. After the responses, he'd then say "Well, we're probably gonna p.o. all of you."

Jimmer

Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:09 pm

LOL! Good one! You *really* want to p.o. some people? Try singing 'Oh Little Town of Bethlehem' to the tune of 'House of the Rising Sun'...

Try it... :-)

> Jimmer

AndyT

Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:12 am

I'll have to try that Jimmer. Interesting idea. Might even introduce it to the Praise and Worship team. LOL

Cabro, I'd love to hear that. Got a link anywhere?

cabro

Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:55 pm

AndyT wrote:
I'll have to try that Jimmer. Interesting idea. Might even introduce it to the Praise and Worship team. LOL

Cabro, I'd love to hear that. Got a link anywhere?
Sorry Andy. I don't think there was ever a recording of it made (at least I hope not). We actually lifted the idea from Food For Feet, which is what was left of Oingo Boingo after Danny Elfman left. They did it the other way around, doing the music from "Whole Lotta Love" w/ the lyrics to "Come Together".

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic