Hey all a quick update from Me and the TG team

Lavallee

Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:38 pm

mmmbldo, it means that the you can still sign up for target at the same price as the people like me signed at the beginning last April. Matt is saying (if I may speak for him)that it will not last very long before the price goes up as they are getting more and more organized.Whoever has signed before the cut off will always pay the original monthly payment.

It is a great site, with many lessons, well explained with emphasis on the right hand, the left hand, rhythm. You can make a video of yourself and get positive critics from the members and Neil. The forum is very friendly and you can share your experience and comment on others, all of this in a very classy way. You can ask technical question and many memebers are very knowledgeable. if the answer is not right, Neil would jump in.

I am just a member and nobody pays me, but you would miss an opportunity by not joining.

See you on Tg

Marc

BigBear

Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:48 pm

mmmbldo wrote:
Hi Matt,

Re: item 5...I am thinking very seriously about joining the Target Program. I have a question. The Target signup page says that new members are still taken on as founding members, but your comments in item 5 seem to imply otherwise. I'm a bit confused. Could you clarify for me? I appreciate it. Thanks.

My understanding is that anyone who joins prior to them closing the program, will be considered "grandfathered". I joined 7 months ago and if you join tomorrow there will be no difference. We both will get the good "founder" rate. Matt has and crew have stated this many times on TG Live!

"Closing" is probably the wrong word. Maybe "conversion" is better. I believe their intention is to temporarily close the original program and re-introduce it in slightly different package and at a slightly higher price. These guys are extremely fair so I have no worries at all about the conversion.

Just a quick plug, the TARGET program is the single best investment I've ever made in learning the guitar, other than buying my guitar! Great songs and info that just keeps coming at you. It's like taking a sip of water from a fire hose! We're all like a bunch of little kids in a candy store! I hope you will join us. It has been huge motivator to me to play and practice more!

If you have any other questions please PM me and I'm happy to try to answer them for you! Just to be upfront, I don't speak for them in any official manner, I've just been an active member for a long time and I have the utmost repsect for what they've accomplished here.

Cheers! :cheer:

haoli25

Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:00 pm

A Richard Thompson quote - I love it!

A big thanks to everyone who works on and behind the scenes at TG! This is the best guitar site in cyberspace by far. This is the only site that I visit on a daily basis. I have learned more in the 4 months or so of Target Membership than I have learned from any other site (or CD or book etc.) Neal makes me want to learn new things on the guitar and makes me believe I can. Must admit that before becoming a TG member, I was in a bit of a rut and kind of lost with my playing. Now I am getting better and having fun doing it.

There's a great bunch of posters here too!

Keep it up!

Mshrad

mmmbldo

Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:16 pm

Thanks to responders to my question. Now I'm off to sleep on I. :-)

BobR

Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:04 pm

Wow what can I say that wasn't already said. I am really glad I joined at the beginning to see all the growth. I was a bit shy early on but there's so many great people here it's hard not to jump in. Anyway thanks Matt, Neil and everyone else for making this a great place to learn the guitar. I am looking forward to what ever is coming. :woohoo:

Thanks
Bob

haoli25

Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:35 pm

Thanks Neil, Matt, and the TG team.

Bill Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic