Wearing rings and watches whilst playing

Chasplaya

Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:06 pm

Guitarmom wrote:
I always take off all of my jewelry except my wedding ring. I agree that watches and bracelets get in the way.
Hi Kate long time no see, good advice :) Can't have the bling in the way of good music!

stratman3

Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:38 pm

Hi Kate,
Have not seen you in a while. Nice to see you on the forum. Lots of changes at Houston North. I am sure you heard.
Regarding rings and watches I don't wear them when I play, I think it throws me off and and I need all the help I can get.
Buckle rash is a killer. B)

michelew

Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:51 pm

I only wear a watch - jewellery-wise. It is a RIpCurl waterproof surf watch and thus a little bulky and heavy, as women's watches go. I generally wear it while I'm playing and it doesn't get in the way. However, I often notice that it gets tighter as I play, especially if I'm practicing barre chords for a while. So sometimes I take it off.

rcsnydley

Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:05 am

I wear my wedding ring and watch if it's on, most of the time it isn't. Neither seem to bother me.

Ric

Jimmer

Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:56 pm

Wedding ring on fretting hand (no problems) and my mother's old sterling silver 'gecko' ring that she got in Mexico many years ago that I wear on my right pinky. It doesn't bother me because I usually use my pinky to anchor my hand to the top - I know, probably bad form...

> Jimmer

Jimmer

Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:58 pm

I don't ear rings, But I do wear a watch with never a problem. When my hair was long, I had a few problems.....lol

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic