Roger McGuinn in Concert

garner

Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:28 am

Have always been a fan of Roger McGuinn. Woukd like to see Mr Tamberine Man and Turn Turn
Turn as Target songs.

Garner

Pranggg

Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:09 am

Always loved the Byrds and its offspring, especially Gram Parsons, Chris Hillman and of course McGuinn. I saw him live a few years ago at Wilmington Grand Opera House, great show. He is a very personable performer, gifted writer and musician. He keeps that troubadour thing going. Did anyone catch him on Pete Seeger's Birthday show?

BigBear

Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:18 am

Pranggg wrote:
Always loved the Byrds and its offspring, especially Gram Parsons, Chris Hillman and of course McGuinn. I saw him live a few years ago at Wilmington Grand Opera House, great show. He is a very personable performer, gifted writer and musician. He keeps that troubadour thing going. Did anyone catch him on Pete Seeger's Birthday show?

Hey Pranggg- Your first post! Welcome to the program. We're glad to have you with us and a Byrd's fan to boot! Could I ask you to go over to the Please Introduce Yourself thread and tell us a little about yourself? Where you live, how old you are, your musical tastes and what your musical goals are? It's painless!

Yes, I did see Roger playing at Pete Seeger's show. He is a good friend of Pete's and has played many of his songs. Roger coined the term "folk process" to describe how folk music can evolve and be re-interpreted, which apparently drove Pete Seeger nuts at times.

I hope you enjoy the TARGET program and I look forward to hearing more from you on the forum!

Cheers! :cheer:

pigpenz

Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:06 pm

Neil would be proud of Chris Hillman, watch him insome videos you tube, when he changes chords he pretty much spreads all of his fingers apart to change chords.

jayswett

Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:49 pm

Those videos are a joy to watch. Thanks to those who posted them.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic