Introduction To Netiquette

Chasplaya

Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:32 pm

Since i've been on this site and a few others, it quickly becomes apparent that some people are not familiar with commonly accepted Net practices i.e. accepted rules for cyberspace. Also given this site does attract many who are really keen to learn the guitar but are wary of offending as they are not conversant with cyber rules, this may be useful. So I thought I might do a bit of research and post a series of articles on general rules for using the Net. Now don't mistake this for Totally Guitars rules these are broad rules generally accepted for many places you visit on the big WWW.COM. These will be rules you can apply most places not just here. Some will apply to SMS, Messaging, Forums, emails and most electronic communications.

But before I launch into this with the first article, which is ready. I will wait to see what you guys say about this idea, good - bad - indifferent. Also TG team what da ya reckon?

Lavallee

Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:38 pm

Whatever positive information is transmitted is good information. I am for it

Marc

suziko

Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:44 pm

Chas, sounds like a good idea! I look forward to reading your article.

reiver

Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:55 pm

Knock yourself out Chas.

This is the first forum - of any kind - that i've been a part of and any tips and advice on proper usage would be welcomed.

r

ps a scotsman teaching etiquette............luv it! Goan yersel'!

cosmicmechanic

Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:00 pm

OmG :woohoo: IM NoT SurE wHy wE wOuLdnEeD :side: [strike]gUiDeLines[/strike] :huh: LOL ... doINg JuST fINe, ThAnXbRb

Chasplaya

Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:11 pm

cosmicmechanic wrote:
OmG :woohoo: IM NoT SurE wHy wE wOuLdnEeD :side: [strike]gUiDeLines[/strike] :huh: LOL ... doINg JuST fINe, ThAnXbRb
I rest my case lol

AndyT

Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:16 pm

Chas, If you do not mind, I'd like to preview it before you post it. I have some issues with this topic and I'd like to offer some input before you put it out for everyone to see.

Chasplaya

Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:18 pm

Andy its more than one page its stuff I use at work for delivery to Police Officers. Its based on international best practice. And like I mentioned these will be broad rules but not necessaruily TG rules, something which I will point out each and every post

TGMatt

Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:54 pm

Its an idea that we pitched around a couple of weeks ago...Id like you to hold off mate, until we finish the Forum shake up which should be done this next week, then we will (ie You and I edit them if neccesary for the TG side..)...I do not want a debate on here...

Perhaps you can PM me the first draft or something, since you will be one of our Moderators once we have finished the tidy up...

We are by the way perhaps a week from doing all I want to change the structure of the forum, so dont be suprised to see a few other points..

Cheers

galsteien

Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:57 pm

hmmmm

not so sure bout this.............

dealing with international family
potential to hurt peoples feelings

mayhap the best policy is to politely and privately inform a offender
if and when an offence occurs?
its always worked in other forums (forii) ive been/am on

Only the idiots persist once they have been made aware of their transgressions
and then the site owners can take steps to remove the recidivists