Karma increased for staff

tovo

Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:49 pm

I don't know what it was that you guys sorted but agree that the content here is 1st rate and issues are dealt with very quickly. Many sites are quick to get up and running but a lack of attention sees the site content very rapidly out of date. TG is run very efficiently by the staff no doubt about it.

I would say however that all members do have a right to raise issues provided it is done with respect for all.

dennisg

Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:23 pm

I think whether or not any of us might complain, people have a right to do so without being held up to public ridicule. Better they should make their dissatisfaction known than to just go away.

- Dennis

Chasplaya

Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:46 pm

dennisg wrote:
I think whether or not any of us might complain, people have a right to do so without being held up to public ridicule. Better they should make their dissatisfaction known than to just go away.

- Dennis
Maybe so but its how you complain thats the issue.

BigBear

Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:14 pm

I think one of the issues for us old timers is we have seen where this site started and what it has grown into and all of us have immense respect for all the effort Matt and his team have put in to making this site special. When newer members, without our historical perspective, are quick to criticize it offends our sense of loyalty.

That being said, it's good for any business to deal with a constant stream of new customers and to react to their demands. It keeps the business sharp. Newer members see a well run site and expect that level of service. And despite the small monthly cost of membership, they have that right. But they also have an obligation to make their demands reasonably and respectfully, because that is what TARGET/TG is all about!

Anybody know the chords to Kum-ba-ya ?? LOL! :lol:

Cheers to all of you good people! :cheer:

NKenny

Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:21 pm

I Didn't even know there was a problem, must be those senior moments I get now and then. But I will say this, TG is the best guitar site and the greatest staff there is.

Kenny

neverfoundthetime

Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:24 pm

The Berlin wall was brought down (not by Pink Floyd as some may think!) by the people in the street chanting: "Wir sind das Folk!" We are the people!
We are TG. Everyone who signs up here and takes part actively becomes the voice of TG. I like what I hear here. (Maybe that's where hear, hear, comes from ;-)). You can sit quietly in the back row practising and following but not participating in groups or forums. No problem. Each to his own. Plenty of space for all. Everyone can read what the active TGers are saying in the threads and the message is loud and clear:

There is simply nothing out there that compares to TG and we are having a ball and learning so much and making great friends and doing guitar things we never expected. The best value for money on the planet.

TG is state-of-the-art, full steam ahead innovation unfolding before our eyes. Oh, and we have the best guitar teacher there is too!

I decided to become an active part of TG because that's the best way I can influence the development of my favourite website. Every active member here is having an influence. That's the choice everyone can make. I saw a couple glitches come up yesterday and contacted support. The response time is close to zero and the guys are so friendly AND they fix things right away. I also feel free to make comments when I think something needs improving and I know I will be heard. You can't beat that.

So be positive, join in and be an active voice here: We are TG!

..... and if not galsteien will be round to see you... ;-)!

goldleaf

Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:37 pm

I think the TG team has done a great job of producing an amazing learning environment for beginning & intermediate guitar players I don't know about anything above that level but it has been a great boost to many people who have posted. I think beside the learning I think the forums that allow for sharing information and freindship is of value also. I am very happy that there is a TG and I think they are doing a great job of steadly improving the site. Of course in dealing with computers there are going to be glitches, anyone knows that and TG has had very few from my experience of almost 1/2 year. Gary

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic