let the sucking up begin to commence

galsteien

Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:19 am

im gonnnna beeeee sooooo rich , loooook what popped up in my mail box, who wants 6 guitars and what colour?

i have to help this poor dude i dont want him to
provide the appointed next of kin within the next thirty official working days, or face the Wrath of their Banking Laws

ROFLMAO

Wire Transfer of US$2.5Million Dollars

Att:Dear Sir/Madam

Firstly, I am Barrister Edward Douglas, a solicitor at law. I am the Personal Attorney to late Engr. Robert Williams.Can you be sincere?He is an Australian citizen, who lived and worked in British Oil Engineering Sector for fifty-eight (58) years, and who was until his demise my client based on engagement entered into with my chambers.

The said late Engr.Robert Williams who is hereafter referred to as my client passed away on the 14th of February, 2008, in a fatal auto accident. All occupants of the vehicle including his wife and their only daughter unfortunately lost their lives. Since the unfortunate incident of his death, I have made several inquiries these few weeks to the embassy to locate any of my clients extended relatives but this has also proved most unsuccessful.

After these several unsuccessful attempts to trace his last name over the Internet to locate any heir of his family, I have therefore contacted you to assist in claimming this funds ( US$2.5Million Dollars) left behind by my late client from the investment bank with whom this fund were deposited before it is declared as unclaimmed Bills by the bank.

The investment bank where my late client made the Deposit has issued me with notice to provide the appointed next of kin within the next thirty official working days, or face the Wrath of their Banking Laws

Since I have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives for weeks now, I therefore seek your consent to present you as the Next-of-kin of the deceased to inherit the funds, so that the lodgment can be transferred to you by legitimate inheritance provisions as my client's Next of Kin.

All necessary legal documents to back up your claims as the appointed deceased Next of Kin to receive this fund, will be available by my chambers as witness to your status as bonafide inheritor. I solicit therefore your honest cooperation to enable us see this enterprise to conclusion.

I also reassure you that this will be executed under a legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law.If interested,furnish me all the followings in your next mail :

1. Full Names
2. Country of Nationality
3. Contact Direct Phone Numbers
4. Age
5.Profession/Occupation

I will be looking forward to your call when you get this mail to finalize this deal as soon as possible because the thirty days mandate given by the bank is of essence.

Yours faithfully,
Barr.Edward Douglas

dennisg

Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:48 am

Are you just becoming aware of these scams? I've been getting at least three of these per week for the last eight years.

- Dennis (in Seattle)

galsteien

Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:07 pm

er thanks for your concern dude but NO im NOT just becoming aware of the Nigerian /419 scam.

Ive been getting them for longer than that but thought i wud post a light hearted mail
in an off topic thread

But many thanks for your concern any way

MARK

btw set up a proper anti spam filter and u wont get any, i had to drag this one out the trash

dekotaj

Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:10 pm

Dear Sir or Madam,

My Harry alter-ego's brother-in-law knows Barrister Edward Douglas personally. If you'll just PM me the roughing numbers to your checking account, I can personally-in-law, guarantee to expedite this deal.

Fictitiously yours, ROTFLOL
Wilson

dennisg

Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:40 pm

galsteien wrote:
er thanks for your concern dude but NO im NOT just becoming aware of the Nigerian /419 scam.

Ive been getting them for longer than that but thought i wud post a light hearted mail
in an off topic thread

But many thanks for your concern any way

MARK

btw set up a proper anti spam filter and u wont get any, i had to drag this one out the trash

As always, your sarcasm is duly noted.

- Dennis (in Seattle)

galsteien

Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:21 pm

wilson951 wrote:
Dear Sir or Madam,

My Harry alter-ego's brother-in-law knows Barrister Edward Douglas personally. If you'll just PM me the roughing numbers to your checking account, I can personally-in-law, guarantee to expedite this deal.

Fictitiously yours, ROTFLOL
Wilson

My Dear Wilson

Your expiditios communique indeed leaves me with no spurios concern as to your flawless personality and your keeness in wanting to bring this matter to an imminent resolution is applauded .

You are indeed a person of good qualities and im uttetly convinced that with your utmost and corteous co-operation this matter will be concluded

Yours in humble Service
Mark

Chasplaya

Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:26 pm

Isn't it amazing people actually still get 'sucked in' by this scam.

PS the address to send the bond is Chasplay, New Zealand ........

heyjoe

Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:22 pm

C'mon guys, Mark's offering to buy us all 6 guitars in whatever colours we choose.

Thanks Mark, for being so generous..I have a small, but unique list..in no particular order..

1. Gibson Flying V...the one Jimmy Hendrix played at the isle of wight festival..available to you for approx £100,000+ ( that was the price I was told 10 years ago)

2. Any mid 50's fender strat that pete townsend didnt demolish, value..a small fortune.

3. Eric Claptons blackie strat

4. Eric Claptons brownie strat

5. An Ed Claxton acoustic, because they sound fabulous

6. You choose, because you've been so generous, this ones for you.

yours oozing thanks for your kind donation to my guitar collection :P :P

Joe

kep67

Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:56 pm

Touche...

Well, that guitar of Neil's would be at the top of my list!

And I haven't played one, but I've always wanted to try a Maton TE2

And the venerable MARTIN 000C-16RGTE That Fishman Aura system is sweet!

The comparable Taylor (I haven't learned enough about them to know the exact model)

The Gibson Les Paul Studio w/robot tuners.

And yeah, it may not be all that expensive, but I can't think of another guitar right now; and I really like that Yamaha Silent Guitar (steel string)

Also oozing thanks (even more than Joe!) for your kind donation to my guitar collection :P :P
Wilson

neverfoundthetime

Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:05 pm

Why thanks Mark. I'll take any six guitars which personally belong to Justin Hayward.
And if you need a nice Swiss account to park any spare dosh just forward 100 Grand in Swiss Franks to my numbers account: 123yourrescrewed789swissbankers@ch to cover the expenses of the transfer (Swiss bankers gotta live too you know!)
Thank you very much.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic