The Acoustic genius series Part four now up and ready for Target Members

TGMatt

Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:09 pm

So here it is 5 more lessons for you to work your way through...As always comments are welcome positively framed..

Same Bat place for you Target members, look under Acoustic Genius series and section 4..

Cheers and Enjoy
Matt

Building Blocks - Fundamentals IV
Pentatonic Scales & Patterns

Overview

This lesson introduces Pentatonic Scales, shows how they are expanded into patterns that cover the entire fingerboard, and how they are used to construct leads in various keys.

Chapter 1: Pentatonic Scales I

First we look at how the Pentatonic Scale is derived from the Major Scale and how to play one in 1st position.

Chapter 2: Pentatonic Scales II

Chapter 2 takes the Pentatonic Scale and uses it to create a Pattern that covers all the notes in one area of the neck that are in the key of G. This section looks exclusively at Pattern I, which starts on G on the 6th string.

Chapter 3: Pentatonic Scales III

The lesson continues with Patterns II and III, which are played right above (higher on the neck) Pattern I.

Chapter 4: Pentatonic Scales IV

The remaining Patterns V and VI are presented in this chapter, which also shows how the Patterns intersect and overlap on the fingerboard.

Chapter 5: Pentatonic Scales V

This chapter explains how the Patterns move up and down the neck to play in different keys, as well as how Pattern I is used as your starting point for a song in a Major Key and Pattern VI is used as the starting point in a Minor Key.