Hey -Acoustic genius series Part four now up and ready for Target Members

TGMatt

Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:12 pm

So here it is 5 more lessons for you to work your way through...As always comments are welcome positively framed..

Same Bat place for you Target members, look under Acoustic Genius series and section 4..

Cheers and Enjoy
Matt

Building Blocks - Fundamentals IV
Pentatonic Scales & Patterns

Overview

This lesson introduces Pentatonic Scales, shows how they are expanded into patterns that cover the entire fingerboard, and how they are used to construct leads in various keys.

Chapter 1: Pentatonic Scales I

First we look at how the Pentatonic Scale is derived from the Major Scale and how to play one in 1st position.

Chapter 2: Pentatonic Scales II

Chapter 2 takes the Pentatonic Scale and uses it to create a Pattern that covers all the notes in one area of the neck that are in the key of G. This section looks exclusively at Pattern I, which starts on G on the 6th string.

Chapter 3: Pentatonic Scales III

The lesson continues with Patterns II and III, which are played right above (higher on the neck) Pattern I.

Chapter 4: Pentatonic Scales IV

The remaining Patterns V and VI are presented in this chapter, which also shows how the Patterns intersect and overlap on the fingerboard.

Chapter 5: Pentatonic Scales V

This chapter explains how the Patterns move up and down the neck to play in different keys, as well as how Pattern I is used as your starting point for a song in a Major Key and Pattern VI is used as the starting point in a Minor Key.

TGMatt

Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:17 pm

A wry bump for the lack of interest in the fact we have just posted all these lessons here..anyone taken the time away from the forum to look ??

Thoughts ??

heyjoe

Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:28 pm

Hello Matt

Just wanted you to know, I haven't looked at Part 4 yet, reason being, I'm still working my way through Part 2. As someone who is looking at theory a whole different way now, thanks to TG, I'm taking it slowly, doing my homework and enjoying it all, and for once, it's actually making sense.

I've had a few minutes look at number 3, but I think number 4 will have to wait for a while.

Basically, huge amounts of content to go through, and not enough hours in the day to practice it all.

My practice routine just got a whole lot longer, sincerely, thanks very much.

I know I keep saying thanks, but I log on, and every couple of days there's more things for me to look at, and more goals to be set.

Joe

AcousticAl

Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:43 pm

Still on the 1st series!!

'Grasshopper doesn't want to move on until he's ready'.

heyjoe

Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:50 pm

AcousticAl wrote
'Grasshopper doesn't want to move on until he's ready'.
Nicely put Al, there's so much to learn from each of the videos in this series that I find that I go over some of them a few times, just to make sure that I've gotten as much as possible out of each one.

I look forward to 2010, when I hopefully will be looking at Part 4, and understanding it all.

Joe

tovo

Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:53 pm

I've had a look and there's no doubt this is all great stuff. I don't think anyone doubts the work put in and the quality of the offering Matt.

BobR

Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:26 pm

I am finishing up on part 3 and was ready to review it all again. Great stuff and presented extremely well. I think I actually learned something. :lol: Thanks for a great place to learn.
Bob

tovo

Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:28 pm

I've had a look and there's no doubt this is all great stuff. I don't think anyone doubts the work put in and the quality of the offering Matt.

haoli25

Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:43 pm

Good on ya' Tony. I just noticed that you will soon be turning purple with your 320th post. Early congratulations to you.

Bill

leeson

Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:24 pm

:cheer:
I'm still only 1/2 way through 2. Keep up the good work!

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic